Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 8910 1112 >
All Cigar Discussion>DBall's Newb Blind Taste Test #5
Blak Smyth 08:11 AM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
I am about to pull the trigger on a cab of these. Based on the reviews I am a little gun shy. Someone tell me the 2011 is a good year to smoke them fresh!!
I am smoking through a cab now, do it :-)

Good reviews guys, once again pretty similar reviews.
I love the complexity of CCs, they are unlike any NC I have ever experienced.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 01:31 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
I am about to pull the trigger on a cab of these. Based on the reviews I am a little gun shy. Someone tell me the 2011 is a good year to smoke them fresh!!
I, too, am burning through a 2011 cab. 2011's are smoking really well. :-)

Great reviews.

I guess I am not familiar with flavors "grandma" and "green". I will have to keep an eye out for these :-)
[Reply]
smitty81 07:07 AM 06-21-2012
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
I, too, am burning through a 2011 cab. 2011's are smoking really well. :-)

Great reviews.

I guess I am not familiar with flavors "grandma" and "green". I will have to keep an eye out for these :-)
I am new and still trying to find my palate.

I was associating smells with taste. Better words to describe it would be a Strong floral smell and Grassy.
[Reply]
DBall 06:54 AM 07-03-2012
Bump.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 01:07 PM 07-06-2012
Finished mine up over the 4th. What a great experience this was! I'm really looking forward to seeing the results from the last 2.

Dan, you are the man. Thanks so much. I don't know how to repay you!
[Reply]
smitty81 01:10 PM 07-06-2012
I will be finished up this weekend.

Thanks Dan.
[Reply]
DBall 06:43 PM 07-06-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
Dan, you are the man. Thanks so much. I don't know how to repay you!
If you enjoyed the cigars and the experiment, you've repaid me plenty... :-)
[Reply]
GTCanuk 08:19 PM 07-09-2012
Re-bump
[Reply]
ApexAZ 11:11 AM 07-10-2012
Let's go, Smitty! Do it up!
[Reply]
jonumberone 09:18 AM 07-12-2012
Bump Diggity!
[Reply]
smitty81 09:28 AM 07-12-2012
I sent #9 in this morning. Sorry I'm so slow guys, Work has been getting in the way a LOT lately. I will try my darndest to have #10 done before the weekend.

Sorry guys.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:42 AM 07-12-2012
Man I love these threads :-)

Good job to all involved!
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 11:57 AM 07-12-2012
If I may ask how exactly dose this work? If I say I'm in the next person responding gets 5 sticks from me? And do I need to guess which cigars they are? Or just review them?
Thanks.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:20 PM 07-12-2012
Originally Posted by FriendlyMan:
If I may ask how exactly dose this work? If I say I'm in the next person responding gets 5 sticks from me? And do I need to guess which cigars they are? Or just review them?
Thanks.
This was a blind review offered to two individuals who had applied in the beginning. They where selected and have completed all reviews, we are waiting to see the last one I believe. DBall was generous enough to offer his own sticks for these two guys to try and review. This is not a revolving thread although Dan may do this again in the future.
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 12:24 PM 07-12-2012
Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
[Reply]
DBall 12:25 PM 07-12-2012
Originally Posted by FriendlyMan:
Thanks.

Read the first post of the thread as that outlines how this works. This may or may not be the last one... I'm 100 cigars deep into these experiments thus far... :-)

I always say it is the last and then do another one anyway... hahaha
[Reply]
363 12:34 PM 07-12-2012
Originally Posted by DBall:
Well thanks for doing em, they are highly enjoyable to read! :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 01:00 PM 07-12-2012
Read the first post of the thread as that outlines how this works. This may or may not be the last one... I'm 100 cigars deep into these experiments thus far... :-)

You are to be commended for your efforts, Dan.

But there is no reason why someone else couldn't conduct the same type of taste test. One of the many ways to give back to the community (PIF).

:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:03 PM 07-12-2012

Originally Posted by pnoon:

But there is no reason why someone else couldn't conduct the same type of taste test. One of the many ways to give back to the community (PIF).

I want to offer my thanks as well -- these threads are something I look forward to!
[Reply]
DBall 01:08 PM 07-12-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:

I agree... people have asked if they could use the same format and stuff and I'm totally fine with that.

As for why I keep doing it, I really like to see these things and experience the cigars through the eyes of the newer members. It's also a good way for me, personally, to pay it forward/back/wherever... it was the kindness of others (most of whom are on this board or were on CS) that made cigars so much more than a hobby and so much more about the people than the cigars themselves... :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 8910 1112 >
Up