Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 54
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
floydpink 10:10 AM 06-08-2010
I'm real happy with my 3G Iphone, but being the slave to technology that I am, will get the new one and hand down my 3G to my wife.
[Reply]
poker 10:13 AM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I'm real happy with my 3G Iphone, but being the slave to technology that I am, will get the new one and hand down my 3G to my wife.
Lucky you. My wife and I both have the 3G and when I told her I was getting the new one & she saw what features it had, she wants one too. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:15 AM 06-08-2010
I would look into one, but A: I have T-mobile, which is fairly decent, overall. and B: I have a pretty damn good plan with them unlimited on my Mytouch. Wife has a BB, can't stand the interface.
[Reply]
Sawyer 10:42 AM 06-08-2010
Lucky that you guys get to upgrade soon. Since I am an employee of AT&T, we are forced to wait until there is a surplus of phones available. I hope that will be before Thanksgiving, but if it isn't then I can only hope to get one sometime after the first of the year. If it does take that long I will probably go ahead and shell out the full no-commitment price.

I also have a Blackberry Curve for work and it is the bane of my existence. I hate that phone.

As much as I love my iPhone, you will never catch me buying a Mac. I can do so much more with a Windows based PC/laptop for a fraction of the cost. I do suggest them for my less tech savvy friends though that just need something that is easy to use. Most of them don't want to pay two times or more for the same things they can do with cheap Windows based laptop though. I am not really on either side of that debate. If you can afford a Mac and like the ease of use, go for it.
[Reply]
ir13 10:50 AM 06-08-2010
Will be pre ordering on the 15th and returning the 3GS i just got so i could get "Grandfathered" in with the unlimited data plan.

:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:55 AM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
Lucky you. My wife and I both have the 3G and when I told her I was getting the new one & she saw what features it had, she wants one too. :-)
I am elegible for an upgrade this year and my wife is not eligible until middle of 2011. She has made it clear that when I upgrade she will get her upgrade too :-)

So either I am going to wait an additional 6 months, or it's going to cost me...
[Reply]
floydpink 11:15 AM 06-08-2010
I still can't figure out what new feature it is that makes the 4G a must have, but still seem anxious to get it.
[Reply]
The Professor 11:29 AM 06-08-2010
I still can't figure out what new feature it is that makes the 4G a must have, but still seem anxious to get it.
I think the screen. That's an *amazing* screen.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:33 AM 06-08-2010
Pete,
I have the 3G, not the GS.
For me, it represents 2 upgrades and full features of the new OS.
Not all features of new OS will apply to the 3G.
It also means a great new screen, apps by folders for cleaner look and that video calling is awfully neat to mess with.
[Reply]
floydpink 12:05 PM 06-08-2010
I'm in the same boat Carlos.
Paid the early termination to get the Iphone instead of the old simple one I had, passed on the S because not too much changed that meant anything to me.
The time might be right to upgrade, but just know in 6 months, the 4gs will be all the rage and I will be a year and a half away from an upgrade.

Stop the madness!!!!
[Reply]
Blueface 12:13 PM 06-08-2010
I'm in the same boat Carlos.
Paid the early termination to get the Iphone instead of the old simple one I had, passed on the S because not too much changed that meant anything to me.
The time might be right to upgrade, but just know in 6 months, the 4gs will be all the rage and I will be a year and a half away from an upgrade.

Stop the madness!!!!

I figure the 4GS is about a year or so away.

Hey,
They said yesterday in the news that ANYONE that has a contract renewal due ANYTIME this year, is now eligible for an immediate upgrade to the 4G.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:14 PM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by ir13:
Will be pre ordering on the 15th and returning the 3GS i just got so i could get "Grandfathered" in with the unlimited data plan.

Very wise man.
[Reply]
ir13 12:23 PM 06-08-2010
The New Screen
720p HD Video
Multitasking

Thats enough for me :-)
[Reply]
Sawyer 12:32 PM 06-08-2010
Just so people don't get confused, it is not 4G. The iPhone 4 still works on AT&T's 3G network. Also, most of the non-hardware upgrades will be available with the free upgrade to iOS4 to anyone with a 3G, 3GS or iPod Touch.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:35 PM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by Sawyer:
Just so people don't get confused, it is not 4G. The iPhone 4 still works on AT&T's 3G network. Also, most of the non-hardware upgrades will be available with the free upgrade to iOS4 to anyone with a 3G, 3GS or iPod Touch.
True, but some of the features of OS4 will not work on the 3G model. You won't be able to multi task for one. A few others too that I don't recall off the top of my head.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:36 PM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by ir13:
The New Screen
720p HD Video
Multitasking

Thats enough for me :-)
How could I forget multitasking and the HD video, with iMovie equivalent to edit right from the phone.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:44 AM 06-09-2010
Here is the video I posted earlier but a better version, directly from Apple.

Didn't realize it earlier but this phone has LED backlighting along with HD resolution.
That has got to be incredible.
6/15 is around the corner. 6/24 just seems so far away.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/#design-video
[Reply]
Blueface 08:48 AM 06-09-2010
For all those on the Verizon and other networks waiting for their iPhone to ultimately join the craze, I say to you what I said to my Verizon Wireless customer wife of mine yesterday......................

..............Here is your version of the iPhone. :-)

Needless to say, her look to me said it all.

[Reply]
shilala 09:10 AM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Here is the video I posted earlier but a better version, directly from Apple.

Didn't realize it earlier but this phone has LED backlighting along with HD resolution.
That has got to be incredible.
6/15 is around the corner. 6/24 just seems so far away.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/#design-video
Carlos, I hate you. I was doing okay until I saw that video. :-)
It's absolutely incredible what this phone does. If someone said 10 years ago a phone would do these this stuff, I'd have looked at them like they were crazy.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:12 AM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Carlos, I hate you. I was doing okay until I saw that video. :-)
It's absolutely incredible what this phone does. If someone said 10 years ago a phone would do these this stuff, I'd have looked at them like they were crazy.

perhaps 6 months to a year from now, I will have to seriously reevaluate my tmobile plan, and coincidentally, my phone will probably be crashed by then.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 54
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Up