Nick?

Dan?

Anybody?
Bueller?

[Reply]
Riff Raff 11:08 AM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Bueller?

Hahahaha....Classic. I needed that today. Thanks Emjay!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:09 AM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Riff Raff:
Hahahaha....Classic. I needed that today. Thanks Emjay!
Anytime Bill!
[Reply]
moppy 03:56 PM 04-08-2010
Joined up just to say great thread, followed the original one too.

Looking forward to the next one.
[Reply]
Riff Raff 09:17 AM 04-09-2010
Originally Posted by moppy:
Joined up just to say great thread, followed the original one too.

Looking forward to the next one.

Me too moppy! lol
[Reply]
Riff Raff 01:25 PM 04-10-2010
Nothing? Really? Nick, have you submitted #9? Dan? Are you guys there? Spring fever has caught all of you, huh? You guys are all out fishing and going to ball games and junk. Well fine. I'm going fishing too!:-)
[Reply]
DBall 06:45 AM 04-11-2010
Nothing? Really? Nick, have you submitted #9? Dan? Are you guys there? Spring fever has caught all of you, huh? You guys are all out fishing and going to ball games and junk. Well fine. I'm going fishing too!:-)

I have not gotten #9 yet from Nick.
[Reply]
Riff Raff 08:59 AM 04-11-2010
Damn it Nick, quit having fun like going to work and taking care of the "honey do" list! You can spend time on your hobbies later. You have work to do! Now get smoking!:-):-)
[Reply]
Montano 04:25 PM 04-15-2010
Damn it Nick, quit having fun like going to work and taking care of the "honey do" list! You can spend time on your hobbies later. You have work to do! Now get smoking!:-):-)
Holy sh!t. #9 was done a week ago...... thought I sent it in :-)

PM coming shortly, sorry fellers.
[Reply]
kenstogie 05:01 PM 04-15-2010
If you need somone to send out an unbanded fiver to a newbie let me know! :-). Believe me I have enough.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Riff Raff 10:51 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Montano:
Holy sh!t. #9 was done a week ago...... thought I sent it in :-)

PM coming shortly, sorry fellers.
Hahaha. No worries Nick. I was starting to get worried. I thought you might have been lost on some forgotten golf course or something! :-)
[Reply]
DBall 08:55 AM 04-17-2010
Montano Cigar #9

Well if this hasn't been a bad week ! The pics I uploaded to my server have been wiped away. As you can tell from all my previous reviews, all the photos were lost. But I do still have my notes, so here goes.

Pre-light draw is typical for a CC :-)
I only say that because I believe this to be the 9th CC in a row. The wrapper has several veins running through it.

The first third has a very creamy flavor, and I'm getting a good amount of smoke from a fairly easy draw. I think I'm going to like this cigar.

As I move to the 2nd third, the creamy smoke continues. I'm really starting to crave the flavor of the tobacco from these cigars. The burn is nice and even on this one.

The final 3rd turns into a buttery caramel smoke. I have found one of my favorite cigars ! The flavor was great from start to finish. I enjoyed the nice amount of smoke from this one too. Can't wait to find out what it is so I can do some shopping.

I give this one a 9.5
[Reply]
DBall 08:56 AM 04-17-2010
Riff Raff Cigar #9

Number 9. Number 9. Number 9.

Almost done! Wow, what a road this has been! So here are the particulars. Ye olde calibrated eyeball puts this baby at 5X38. A nice construction. There are one or two soft spots, but it sports a very nice wrapper.

Pre-light: A firm draw. Not bad though. Tastes of hay.

First light: Toasty and grassy. The ash held for about 1/5 inches and it was dark gray. Lots of smoke.

1/3rd: Some spice and sweet tobacco. Still tastes of hay. Still a bit too firm on the draw for my liking.

2/3rd: Still toasty but now there is a hint of spice coming through. On the snork, there is a hint of coconut. That is so cool!

3/3rd: More sweet tobacco coming through. There is some woodiness coming through too. The draw loosened up a bit which was nice. The burn was a tad bit uneven at the end, but not big deal. It evened out.

Overall, a good smoke. I quite enjoyed this. The sweet tobacco and woodiness on the finish was very nice. I would buy this cigar. I give it an 8.7

9 down, 1 more to go! Almost there!
[Reply]
DBall 08:59 AM 04-17-2010
What they smoked:

2000 Punch RS12

Montano score: 9.5
Riff Raff score: 8.7

Looks like I may be successfully converting Nick to the dark side!!!!!!

Only 1 left, guys. Has this been fun for ya?

:-)
[Reply]
cigarz 12:52 PM 04-17-2010
Again, nice job guys, it's ashame there is only one left!
[Reply]
DBall 01:50 PM 04-17-2010
Originally Posted by cigarz:
Again, nice job guys, it's ashame there is only one left!

There may be another edition... :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:39 PM 04-17-2010
Excellent thread, Dan. Can't wait for the final installment!
[Reply]
Playa Habana 06:58 PM 04-17-2010
Just found this thread a couple of days ago, read the first one and now I can't wait for the next one!
[Reply]
Riff Raff 04:47 AM 04-19-2010
Dan,

This has been a lot of fun! I can't wait for the next series. It is just as much fun reading others' reviews as it is experiencing it! I have the luxury of being on both sides of this thread!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up