Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 31
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Sports>*2010 MLB Thread*
TheTraveler 02:37 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Which team did you root for in the past?
Mostly the Cubs, Indians and Mets.

My first and only time attending an MLB game in person was in Cleveland, I've got family in Cleveland, their stadium mustard ROCKS and they've pretty much always been the underdogs so I can't help but keep rooting for them!

I've always enjoyed watching Cubs games. When I was a kid we didn't have cable TV but my grandmother did. When I spent the summer with her I'd try to catch Cubs games on WGN - I liked Harry Carey and Wrigley Field looked great in the summer sun (on TV of course).

And I was playing little league baseball when the Mets came on so strong in the 80s and naturally gravitated towards them because my uncle and cousin were always rooting for them.

But after such a long hiatus from the game the only team I feel any tug of loyalty to is Cleveland. Harry's gone from the Cubbies and the Mets are .... well, the Mets. :-) I feel like I've got an almost blank slate now.

Maybe I'll follow the Nationals for a while, see how that goes. Dunno.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this season. Bring on the hot dogs and peanuts and beer and cigars!!!
[Reply]
Whynot 02:41 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Injecting? :-)
Word is A-Rod's cousin is supplying using Pettite's dads prescription to get them.:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:42 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:
Mostly the Cubs, Indians and Mets.

My first and only time attending an MLB game in person was in Cleveland, I've got family in Cleveland, their stadium mustard ROCKS and they've pretty much always been the underdogs so I can't help but keep rooting for them!

I've always enjoyed watching Cubs games. When I was a kid we didn't have cable TV but my grandmother did. When I spent the summer with her I'd try to catch Cubs games on WGN - I liked Harry Carey and Wrigley Field looked great in the summer sun (on TV of course).

And I was playing little league baseball when the Mets came on so strong in the 80s and naturally gravitated towards them because my uncle and cousin were always rooting for them.

But after such a long hiatus from the game the only team I feel any tug of loyalty to is Cleveland. Harry's gone from the Cubbies and the Mets are .... well, the Mets. :-) I feel like I've got an almost blank slate now.

Maybe I'll follow the Nationals for a while, see how that goes. Dunno.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this season. Bring on the hot dogs and peanuts and beer and cigars!!!

I would follow the team(or teams) you grew up watching. They would probably be more exciting and meaningful to watch and follow:-)

And yeah, bring on the sausages, beer, dogs, and cigars!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:17 PM 02-17-2010
Stick to the Mets Jonathan!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:20 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Stick to the Mets Jonathan!! :-) :-)
Yep...Mac's right Jonathon...watch the Mets....looking UP to the Phillies!!
:-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 09:29 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Yep...Mac's right Jonathon...watch the Mets....looking BACK TOWARDS the Phillies!!
*fixed it for you* :-)

Yep, the old Orange & Blue still pull at me. Gonna have to watch 'em. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:34 PM 02-17-2010

Don't worry it is not hard to watch the Mets. Usually they are sitting at the end of the bench waiting to get off the DL. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:15 AM 02-18-2010

Nice!! :-)

Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Yep...Mac's right Jonathon...watch the Mets....looking UP to the Phillies!!:-)
We'll see Keith!!

Don't worry it is not hard to watch the Mets. Usually they are sitting at the end of the bench waiting to get off the DL. :-)
Not this year (keeping my fingers crossed).
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:28 AM 02-18-2010
Some Johnny Damon news. The Tigers offerred 2 years $14M, but Damon does not want to play in Detroit. :-) So now BorASS is trying to get the White Sox serious. They have a 1yr $4-5M deal out there for Damon.
[Reply]
rack04 08:47 AM 02-18-2010
Some Johnny Damon news. The Tigers offerred 2 years $14M, but Damon does not want to play in Detroit. :-) So now BorASS is trying to get the White Sox serious. They have a 1yr $4-5M deal out there for Damon.
I f'n can't stand BorASS. Screw Carlos Beltran. GO ASTROS!
[Reply]
Khafre 08:57 AM 02-18-2010
Any Orioles fans in here? I'm looking forward to another losing season!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:25 AM 02-18-2010
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...=.jsp&c_id=cws

It looks like Damon is leaning towards Chicago:-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:17 AM 02-18-2010
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...=.jsp&c_id=cws

It looks like Damon is leaning towards Chicago:-)
Guess they won't be doing the DH by committee like Ozzie said when they elected not to resign Thome.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:37 AM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Guess they won't be doing the DH by committee like Ozzie said when they elected not to resign Thome.
They will be using the "committee" dh like Ozzie said. Damon will probably rotate with Rios or Pierre. If the sox get Damon, their bench is going to be insane:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:41 PM 02-18-2010
The Angels announced today that they have avoided arbitration with shortstop Erick Aybar, settling on a contract for 2010. While the club has a policy of not releasing contract figures, the deal is worth $2.05 million, according to Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes. Aybar had been seeking $2.75 million, with the club offering $1.8 million.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:43 PM 02-18-2010
Damon as a White Sock?? I guess stranger things have happened. Delgado is sitll out there...but not certain he could last a full season. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:53 PM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Damon as a White Sock?? I guess stranger things have happened. Delgado is sitll out there...but not certain he could last a full season. :-)

[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:37 PM 02-20-2010
The white sox pull initial offer to Damon. We should know today or tomorrow if Damon wants to play in Chicago.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:00 PM 02-20-2010
The white sox pull initial offer to Damon. We should know today or tomorrow if Damon wants to play in Chicago.
Looks like Damon is going to Detroit. Good pick up for the Tigers, that's for sure.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:03 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Looks like Damon is going to Detroit. Good pick up for the Tigers, that's for sure.
I'd rather have Granderson back.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 31
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Up