Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 26
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Sports>Yankees vs. Phillies W.S. 2009
BigAsh 03:30 PM 10-29-2009
nice Ade.....now we're back on track......
[Reply]
ade06 03:35 PM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
nice Ade.....now we're back on track......
Thanks, I try...:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 03:44 PM 10-29-2009
.....or 2004 vs. the Sox....

:-)
I remember this well.
I also remember the Diamondbacks well.

I also think this is a double edge sword.
It reminds us all what happens in the first few games doesn't really mean much.
As has been said, what really counts is the final game.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:47 PM 10-29-2009
Pedro against A.J. tonight? No matter what, I see this being in the hands of the bullpens before the 6th is done.
[Reply]
BigAsh 04:00 PM 10-29-2009
....which after last nite should be scary....for the Yanks...
[Reply]
The Poet 04:08 PM 10-29-2009
....which after last nite should be scary....for the Yanks...
The pen's been strong this year - don't judge by last night. And at the end there's Mo, whereas Lidge has been a blown save looking for a place to happen all season.
[Reply]
shilala 04:28 PM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
The pen's been strong this year - don't judge by last night. And at the end there's Mo, whereas Lidge has been a blown save looking for a place to happen all season.
You mean the Yank's pen? A season era close to 4 ain't gonna cut it against the Phillies. I know that's not bad nowadays, but it's teh suck when you're putting it up against the World Champions.
If the Yanks starters don't go deep, they are in huge trouble. The Phillies will absolutely shell their bullpen just like they did last night.
There used to be a day when a bullpen's era was supposed to be around 2. It gave a team a chance to do well.
I promise you, a 3.79 era bullpen ain't gonna get it in the Series. (and that works for both sides.)
I sure hope the Yanks have what it takes to make this exciting tonight.
One game does not a Series make, but I'm not making any bets on the Yanks after they didn't show up last night.
What's scarier is that they threw the kitchen sink at the Phils and came up empty.
At this point, I'd honestly be surprised if it didn't end up the Phillies in 4.
I sincerely hope it goes seven games because I hate for baseball to end. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:25 PM 10-29-2009
Theeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win! Pedro was good, Burnett was better. Mo was Mo, and Ryan Howard got himself a golden sombrero tonight :-):-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 09:25 PM 10-29-2009
AJ pitched a decent game today. I think he could've done just a bit better but I'm not gonna knock the man. He did his thing.

That call on first though was a close call so I really wouldn't consider it bad officiating. From where the ump was standing he couldn't see the hop.

I WISH HE WOULD'VE THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
feznuk 09:31 PM 10-29-2009
Pretty much game 1 all over again...pitcher's duel with the Yanks getting the upper hand tonight.

Nice win.

Where are all the big boys at? Way too many strike outs amongst them.:-)
[Reply]
feznuk 09:35 PM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
I WISH HE WOULD'VE THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He made up for it the very next inning by missing the call on Utley at first, so I consider it even.:-)

Same deal there....too close to call in real time.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:52 PM 10-29-2009
Good win for the Yankees tonight. AJ pitched good, a couple nice HRs and the bullpen of Mo to close it out. Looks like Joe has completely lost any trust from the bullpen in a close game.
[Reply]
yourchoice 11:05 PM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Good win for the Yankees tonight. AJ pitched good, a couple nice HRs and the bullpen of Mo to close it out. Looks like Joe has completely lost any trust from the bullpen in a close game.
I think that's going to end up being the key in the series...for either the Phils or the Yanks. When through, I think it was 3 1/3, and Burnett was close to 60 pitches I liked the Phillies chances, but he did a nice job of settling down and working some quicker innings.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:06 PM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I think that's going to end up being the key in the series...for either the Phils or the Yanks. When through, I think it was 3 1/3, and Burnett was close to 60 pitches I liked the Phillies chances, but he did a nice job of settling down and working some quicker innings.
AL also did not have his usual blow up inning in the 5th or 6th. That was the key to the game.
[Reply]
yourchoice 11:19 PM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
AL also did not have his usual blow up inning in the 5th or 6th. That was the key to the game.
No doubt. The Phillies usually thrive on those blow up innings. Their lines are usually something like 0 0 0 1 0 5 0 1 0....if the Yankees minimize those types of innings, there could be some trouble. Hopefully that won't be the case. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:20 PM 10-29-2009
Game 3 is a big game for the Yankees to win. If they win game 3 they have home field advantage back.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:47 AM 10-30-2009
Burnett looked good tonight!!! Who would thought this series would be a pitchers duel...first game Lee and last night Burnett. I must say that Pedro pitched a fine game, just made a few mistakes. Guess the Yankees are STILL his daddy. LOL!!!
[Reply]
yachties23 05:48 AM 10-30-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Theeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win! Pedro was good, Burnett was better. Mo was Mo, and Ryan Howard got himself a golden sombrero tonight :-):-)
Cmon Joe.... you had to be sweating it out just a little after they took the lead in the second. I'm shocked Burnett had it in him to pitch a good game, more so after giving up that first run.

Nice win, this is shaping up to be a solid series.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:12 AM 10-30-2009
What a great game to watch.

We are tied. Yankees did what great teams do. They win when they have to.
Hoping for that theme to continue.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:59 AM 10-30-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
At this point, I'd honestly be surprised if it didn't end up the Phillies in 4.
I guess we can put this fear to rest.:-)

Now to move forward to conquer the "Phillies in 5" one next.

Decided to check out the Post for kicks.
Attached: yankees_home_wide025609--650x180.jpg (37.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 10 of 26
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Up