Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"
Blueface 06:56 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
How did all the NY teams do today?
They lost but seems I can see the forest for the trees. Not a fan of the Jets so couldn't care less if they come or go so my feelings are not hurt there.
The Giants lost and I was in fact concerned with this game as N.O. has a very high powered offense and a very good defense. Just wait until 11/30 and will come back here and discuss the Patriot's loss at their hands also.

When I asked if anyone looked up the Titans, that was sarcasm. They suck. Wondering if you guys knew that.

I would never call a win against an 0-6 team that everyone has pounced on all year as a great indication of what my team is capable of doing.
If you guys are pleased by that in the sense of a great accomplishment, my sympathies for you.
I would be pleased like this if they had done it to a very good Denver defense. Where were they last week? I guess beating on a lousy Tampa Bay will further prove how good they are?
That is silly thinking that will set you up for disappointment.
[Reply]
dogface_313 06:57 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
winning a division by default doesn't impress me.
Didn't see your signature. I can admit when a team is good, the Colts are a good team.
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:58 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by Spitnchew:
Hey Ryan why don't we go over to the colts thread and whine......Oh wait there is no Colts thread
Yes there is....but no massholes are allowed, :-)

You'll have plenty of time to whine after the Patsies play them in a few weeks. Patsies should have fattenned their record up by then
[Reply]
timo 06:58 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I guess you didn't see my post #171.

Tampa Bay next week. I bet they are already trying to figure out how to beat that tough team.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:00 PM 10-18-2009
Pot calling the kettle black?:-)
Remember, I am not the one impressed by today's win, you are.
[Reply]
dogface_313 07:00 PM 10-18-2009
I love how y'all have nothing better to do than talk about how bad the Patriots are, and how crazy we are for thinking they are good. I wish I could stay and talk all night. However, I must go get some rest for a long day of work. Night fellas y'all take it easy.
[Reply]
timo 07:00 PM 10-18-2009
Yes there is....but no massholes are allowed, :-)

You'll have plenty of time to whine after the Patsies play them in a few weeks. Patsies should have fattenned their record up by then
Then why are you here
[Reply]
Blueface 07:01 PM 10-18-2009
I will exit this thread for the week and let you guys cherish the wonderful win.
Can't wait to see it after a great win against Tampa Bay.
Enjoy!
[Reply]
Starscream 07:02 PM 10-18-2009
I think you can all agree, it could be worse. You could be Panthers fans (like me).:-):-)
[Reply]
timo 07:02 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Pot calling the kettle black?:-)
Remember, I am not the one impressed by today's win, you are.
Yeah but I was more impressed that the Giants and Jets came back to earth today
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:08 PM 10-18-2009
I love how y'all have nothing better to do than talk about how bad the Patriots are, and how crazy we are for thinking they are good. I wish I could stay and talk all night. However, I must go get some rest for a long day of work. Night fellas y'all take it easy.
The point you miss is that this thread was started by a long time Colts basher. I have no ill will towards you or anyone in this thread, but I also have no hesitation in sticking it to the OP's team just like he has to mine fow the past few years. :-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 07:43 PM 10-18-2009
The point you miss is that this thread was started by a long time Colts basher. I have no ill will towards you or anyone in this thread, but I also have no hesitation in sticking it to the OP's team just like he has to mine fow the past few years. :-)
I got in a fight with a tall guy once but I don't go out of my way to aggravate all the tall people I meet.

My car was hit by a woman not paying attention in a parking lot but I don't harrass all women I meet in parking lots. (unless they're cute. :-) )

A kid once hit me with a dirt clod in first grade but I don't irritate every kid I encounter. Well, that's not true. I do aggravate kids but only when I'm about to give them back to their parents --- wind 'em up and let 'em go! :-)

Just sayin.

:-)

:-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 09:08 PM 10-18-2009
I miss CS sometimes..........*sigh*
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:41 PM 10-18-2009
I miss CS sometimes..........*sigh*
Me too. I really miss those times we'd all hold hands and sing combayah.
[Reply]
dogface_313 03:10 AM 10-19-2009
Yeah but I was more impressed that the Giants and Jets came back to earth today
The jets certainly have come back to Earth, the Giants are still a good and very dangerous team.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:26 AM 10-19-2009
The jets certainly have come back to Earth, the Giants are still a good and very dangerous team.
They both came back to Earth with a rough landing.:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 07:56 AM 10-19-2009
I started this thread and while I have had some fun bashing the Colts over the past few years, that is NOT in any way shape or form my primary focus. My primary focus is as a Patriots fan. I root for them and respond to negative comments from other team's fans in kind. Reread my posts and show me where this is not the case. You seem to have consistantly found more pleasure in bashing opposing teams than actually rooting for your team. Any reasonable person would acknowledge that the Colts, and Patriots are good football teams. I am a fan of the Patriots however and as such root for them and against the Colts.
[Reply]
VTDragon 08:21 AM 10-19-2009
Putting aside all the hyberbole that this game seems to have generated, some observations about the game:

Tom Brady seemed to have rediscovered his timing. Unlike the first few weeks, his passes were crisp, on time and on target. Ya, the Titans defense was hurting, but it was the overall quality of his passing that impressed me.

Lawrence Maroney looked as good as he has since his rookie year. I still think he hesitates too much while looking for a hole but have to give him credit for a great game. I still would like to see more of Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis though.

The defense certainly seemed energized yesterday. (Zero points allowed) I wonder how much of that was attributable to the presence of Junior Seau?

Brian Hoyer gave a credible performance as the backup QB. That kid has a gun of an arm and demonstrated good presence overall.

I was very impressed with Sebastian Vollmer. Good to know that a quality offensive lineman is in the pipeline to step up as needed.

No arguments here with Bills' decision to let the first string offense play one series in the third quarter. They needed to establish that the second half was going to be a continuation of the first and not let the Titans think they had any chance of getting back in the game. I was happy to see most of the first string gone after that score though.

A good game overall. Can't get too excited about the final score as Tennesee was mailing it in by the end of the second quarter, but certainly a nice win to put in our pocket for the long flight over to merry olde England.
[Reply]
Resipsa 08:21 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
We'll see how the current version of the Dolts do against the Patriots on Nov 15th.
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
I started this thread and while I have had some fun bashing the Colts over the past few years, that is NOT in any way shape or form my primary focus. My primary focus is as a Patriots fan. I root for them and respond to negative comments from other team's fans in kind. Reread my posts and show me where this is not the case. You seem to have consistantly found more pleasure in bashing opposing teams than actually rooting for your team. Any reasonable person would acknowledge that the Colts, and Patriots are good football teams. I am a fan of the Patriots however and as such root for them and against the Colts.
Is it the Colts or the Dolts you root against?

On that note, I'm out until Nov. 15
[Reply]
Blueface 08:23 AM 10-19-2009
Just saw this poll on CBS Sportsline and reminded me of this thread.

Which team has impressed you the most so far in Week 6?
72% Saints

13% Vikings

15% Patriots

What do Patriots fans conclude from this poll?
85% of those that responded must be "haters"!:-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up