Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App ... need beta testers
sr_jerry 01:48 PM 03-16-2009
Wow...can't wait for application to be available...really looks interesting and I'm upset that I didn't join here sooner.
[Reply]
promethius 03:06 PM 03-16-2009
I agree, I would have Gurkha, with all the sub-brands below that.
[Reply]
mkr160 04:10 PM 03-16-2009
Yes, Gurkha then all the Gurkha sub brands under the main Gurkha listing, as they are all made by the same company.
[Reply]
KenS 04:18 PM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by mkr160:
Yes, Gurkha then all the Gurkha sub brands under the main Gurkha listing, as they are all made by the same company.
Seems to be a concensus. Not surprised, but just wanted to get a little feedback before changing things. What I've settled on is not to add another drilldown page for the subbrands, but rather just include them in the name of each cigar. The cigar listing screen will simply have some cigars with kinda long names, but I'll wrap the text appropriately. Early testing seems to show it will work fine.

Thanks everybody :-)
[Reply]
Sr Mike 06:58 PM 03-16-2009
I agree, no need to over complicate things. If someone really wants it that way, you do give them the options of adding more brands.

I had an interesting glitch the other day. The app got caught in a weird event, I was on a brand (I believe it was Cohiba CC) and as I tapped the back button, it turned the page, but I ended up on the same page. I tapped the back button several times, each time the page looked like it was changing, but it remained on the same page until the app closed out on its own. It has not happened since, I tried to see if it would happen again, but so far it has not happened again. I figured I would share.
[Reply]
KenS 07:05 PM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by Sr Mike:
I agree, no need to over complicate things. If someone really wants it that way, you do give them the options of adding more brands.

I had an interesting glitch the other day. The app got caught in a weird event, I was on a brand (I believe it was Cohiba CC) and as I tapped the back button, it turned the page, but I ended up on the same page. I tapped the back button several times, each time the page looked like it was changing, but it remained on the same page until the app closed out on its own. It has not happened since, I tried to see if it would happen again, but so far it has not happened again. I figured I would share.
I have seen something similar one time as well, but cannot reproduce it. I have been optimizing some of the code to reduce the memory footprint, so hopefully it gets cleaned up by that work. If it happens again, especially if you can reproduce it, please let me know.

Thanks.
[Reply]
KenS 09:40 PM 03-16-2009
Final update tonight:
Will try to get a final beta release out to the testers tomorrow. I think it's still on track for end of week submission to Apple. :-)
[Reply]
karmaz00 10:21 PM 03-16-2009
nice work.cant wait to get ti
[Reply]
KenS 05:30 AM 03-17-2009
BETA 3 is ready, and heading out to the beta testers. I hope this is the final beta before release.

Changes from BETA 2:REMAINING ITEMS BEFORE RELEASE:Probably work on for future version:

[Reply]
King James 05:48 AM 03-17-2009
sounds good :-)

will get to play around w/ it in a few hours
[Reply]
rrplasencia 06:32 AM 03-17-2009
can't wait til this comes out :-)
[Reply]
mkr160 07:11 AM 03-17-2009
Nice job Ken. Cant wait!!!
[Reply]
KenS 07:31 PM 03-17-2009
Database update: The Mobile Stogie database now has:

1,304 Unique Cigars
99 Brands
718 CC's
586 NC's

Last call for "gotta have it" brands. Speak now, or plan to enter them yourselves :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 08:44 PM 03-17-2009
Nice progress Kenny! :-)

Can't wait to see it on your phone.
[Reply]
promethius 08:02 AM 03-18-2009
Ken - Since putting beta 3 on my phone it keeps crashing, J/K. :-) It is running smooth as can be. Sorry if these are dups, here is what I have. The sort feature is nice, but can a cancel button be added? Currently you have to select one of the options. I noticed you can't add a cigar brand to your humidor without putting in a quantity. Might be nice for the initial population purposes if you know you have a cigar but not the quantity, you could edit that later. the last thing is an edit option, where the only option is to actually delete it. From:my cigars, NC, Fuente Fuente Opusx(or any brand), list screen dbl robosto, churchill etc, the next screen, dbl robosto is listed, the edit option only allows you to delete it, if you go to the next/final screen you can edit the options, quantities etc. Next is the wish list, if you add a cigar, you can't see any details page, meaning: my cigars, wishlist, cc, Bolivar, Amado Seleccion E <end> should this end on the same page as the reference page where there are details on the cigar? Next is a feature request, if your in your wish list, how about an option to add that cigar to a humidor? Finally, a home button. If I'm knee deep in my cigars, and want to get back to my humidors/wishlist you currently have to back out. If you hit home, it takes me to the login screen, then if I click my cigars, I am back where I left.

Sorry for the long message, and if anything's not clear email or PM me and I can better explain.

[Reply]
Godofgravity 08:20 AM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by promethius:
Finally, a home button. If I'm knee deep in my cigars, and want to get back to my humidors/wishlist you currently have to back out. If you hit home, it takes me to the login screen, then if I click my cigars, I am back where I left.
I can help on this one! Hitting the section button will take you to the first screen of that section. For example, if you're in reference and you drill down to a cigar, hitting the reference button again will bring you back to the top. Works the same way for the My Cigars section.
[Reply]
promethius 08:36 AM 03-18-2009
:-)yep, perfect! thanks for the heads up.
[Reply]
promethius 08:37 AM 03-18-2009
Oh, the google button is Nice as well!
[Reply]
DPD6030 09:31 AM 03-18-2009
Wonder how long apple will review this before releasing it. I am :-) over this app. Thanks for all the hard work Ken. :-)
[Reply]
Green Lantern 11:25 AM 03-18-2009
Cant wait for the app, this will be a fantastic app to have. Good job Ken
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up