Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
General Discussion>Buying a new laptop- Apple?
shilala 05:40 AM 12-25-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
That link didn't save my configured laptop but i added the 7200RPM 320gb hdd. Antiglare screen, iWork, Aperture and the applecare.
The antiglare is a great idea. That glossy stuff drives me nuts.
I gagged on the price, too. Make sure you hit the refurbed site at apple.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...co=MTY0MjUwOTE
You might be able to save a good chunk of money, even if you have to switch up a bit?
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 05:00 PM 12-25-2009
I just got an Asus netbook for christmas and love it, have been playing with it non stop. Anyone have an idea where I can get MS office for Windows 7 cheap? I dont like the new version of Word, I was hoping someone might know where I could find Word 2000
[Reply]
Red 11:58 AM 12-27-2009
Mac = Not gay
Windows = Leaning towards gay
[Reply]
GreekGodX 12:48 PM 12-27-2009
Well I'm at the Apple store typing this from a macbook. Today might be the day :-)
[Reply]
Titan410 02:42 PM 12-27-2009
Well I'm at the Apple store typing this from a macbook. Today might be the day :-)
There's no going back now. I guess by now you're a new Macbook owner?
[Reply]
eber 02:52 PM 12-27-2009
you will not be dissapointed with the mac book, I have had mine for about a year and a half and have had no problems with it at all. :-)
[Reply]
Titan410 05:11 PM 12-27-2009
Originally Posted by eber:
you will not be dissapointed with the mac book, I have had mine for about a year and a half and have had no problems with it at all. :-)
Same here. If I had it to do all over again I'd do it in a minute. I think that's the best thing anyone can say in retrospect about a purchase.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 07:30 PM 12-27-2009
Price is coming out to be the issue for me. You can get the same computer in Windows for just about half the price. It is driving me crazy. I priced out a HP and got the beats by Dr. Dre headphones and it was all still under $1800.

I should just give someone my card and say here buy me a laptop.
[Reply]
mmblz 07:49 PM 12-27-2009
Price is coming out to be the issue for me. You can get the same computer in Windows for just about half the price. It is driving me crazy. I priced out a HP and got the beats by Dr. Dre headphones and it was all still under $1800.

did you happen to see this other thread?
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26568

:-):-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:49 PM 12-27-2009
I saw white macbooks at Best Buy last week for 699.
[Reply]
357 08:07 PM 12-27-2009

Unless you have an unnatural disregard for money, price is always a factor. That said, not all 91% of users buy Windows based computers for that reason alone.
[Reply]
357 08:21 PM 12-27-2009
Christos,

Just to help add to your dilema...
From HP's online store:

$1,492.98
HP dv6t Quad Edition
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB)
4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 2GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M
15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x768)
LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
Intel Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Microsoft(R) Office Home and Student 2007
3-year HP Care Pack Accidental Damage Protection Service

Saves you about $1000, provides better performance, includes Microsoft Office, and 3 year Accidental Damage Protection.
[Reply]
Titan410 10:01 PM 12-27-2009

I think if you buy quality once you wont be sorry. The product will last and you will be happy with it.
You might be sorry if you try to skimp and get a second rate product.
I've used PC's all of my life. I switched to Mac in October 08 and never going back to a PC.
[Reply]
goalie204 10:27 PM 12-27-2009

it is NOT the same computer, no matter how you look at it, spec for spec, dollar for dollar if you don't get that you'll never get it.

Just buy a windows machine and pat yourself on the back.
[Reply]
Ratters 10:54 PM 12-27-2009
Originally Posted by Red:
Mac = Not gay
Windows = Leaning towards gay
I live near San Francisco. I know a lot of gay people. And yes, most of them use Macs. Just sayin.
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 10:57 PM 12-27-2009
Buy Mac and don't look bac! just saying.
[Reply]
T.G 06:36 AM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
I live near San Francisco. I know a lot of gay people. And yes, most of them use Macs. Just sayin.
Doesn't mean Darrell have a mac?
:-)

[Reply]
longknocker 06:57 AM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:

Adam: You're A "Brave" Soul!:-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:02 AM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:

Pretty close to San Francisco, too. Hmmm. :-)
[Reply]
macpappy 08:16 AM 12-28-2009
Just make a freakin decision and get over it!

Computers are tools. Buy something to fits your needs and budget. If you're worried about the price then don't buy a Mac. It's that simple. Despite all the rhetoric a computer is just a computer for most people. If you are not a techno-wienie or planning on doing high end mathematical calculations or graphics then either a Mac or a PC will probably do what you need to do.

There are pros and cons for both systems. Personally I've used Mac products since 1986. I worked in photojournalism and found the Mac, at the time, did what I needed to do better than what the PCs had to offer. I was a magazine editor with a printing company for 10 years and we used nothing but Macs to do the editing, layout and design. When the company moved to a digital workflow, the imagesetter was windows based but the pre-press software was all Mac based and they worked very well together and still does.

I am now self employed and I run all my financial needs on a Mac using Quickbooks Pro which the accounting firm I use recommended. They use both Macs and PCs by the way.

Again, if you are a student and money is an issue then buy the PC. THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T BUY A MAC LATER when money is not an issue.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up