Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>AJ Fernandez blends
RJoe 07:28 PM 12-14-2010
I picked up a ten pack of the Ave Maria Charlemagnes and they are outstanding. I've smoked one a day for the last five days and have just ordered a box. Great balance with big flavor without the overpowering nicotine hit. And yes, the bands are a trip! I've scanned one and put it in my Cigar Band Art Gallery: http://robustojoe.com/cigar-art-gallery/
[Reply]
tx_tuff 12:48 PM 02-28-2011
I am not the norm when it comes to AJ's cigars. I have not smoked any of the newer stuff coming out, but out of 11 different blends of his I have liked 2 of them. The rest just didn't do it for me. And the worse of the bunch being the MoW. I have tried it many times because everybody talks great about it, everyone I have tried has been unsmokable either because of taste or construction.
[Reply]
bigheadmark 12:54 PM 02-28-2011
tx tuff, did you make certain that they were properly humidified? I know that I have gotten cigars in the mail that were EXTREMELY" wet...i take mail order cigars and place them in the humi for several weeks @ 60% humidity...if they are extremely wet, then I dry box them.
[Reply]
neoflex 12:58 PM 02-28-2011
Not sure if it's on the list or not but he is also blending the San Lotano. Keep in mind this brand is a little backwards as the Connecticut is the fullest as it is a spice bomb with an Ecuadorian Connie wrapper, the Habano is middle of the road which is not too unusual but the Maduro is the Mildest cigar of the bunch and is on the upper end of Mild at best. I was never a huge fan of the Connecticut shade wrapper unless I am looking for something to smoke in the early morning hours but the San Lotano Connecticut is a fantastic smoke and I would highly recommend it just NOT for your first smoke of the day unless you like to start the day with a lot of pepper. The first few samplings of this stick have been very spicy with spice right out of the gate and than mellowing a bit about midway and than the spice kicks back in for the final 1/3. Trying to avoid buying a box of these as I am honestly trying to cut back. The Maduro just did nothing for me and the Habano is just a touch above average.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:03 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by bigheadmark:
tx tuff, did you make certain that they were properly humidified? I know that I have gotten cigars in the mail that were EXTREMELY" wet...i take mail order cigars and place them in the humi for several weeks @ 60% humidity...if they are extremely wet, then I dry box them.
I don't smoke anything right off the truck. I keep my cabinet at 65% and don't have any problems with my other sticks. In fact I love Nicaraguan cigars and thats pretty much all I smoke. I'm not dogging AJ, hell he is doing something right, look at all the people here that love the cigars. They just don't do it for me.

The only ones I have had with a construction problem have been the MoW. All the others smoked good (although some to lose) I just didn't care for the taste.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:09 PM 02-28-2011
For those of us that are new to AJ Fernanzdez I would appreciate it if someone could post a complete list of his cigars.

Thanks!
[Reply]
TXRebel 03:45 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
For those of us that are new to AJ Fernanzdez I would appreciate it if someone could post a complete list of his cigars.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Updated list:
5 Vegas "AAA"
A. Fernandez Signature Series
Cigar.com House Blend Brazilian Label
Diesel Unholy Cocktail
Double Happiness
Esteban Carreras Habano
Graycliff G2 Turbo
Gurkha Park Avenue
Gurkha Sherpa
ITC 10th Anniversary
La Cuna Bin No. 85
La Herencia Cubana
La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte
Man O' War
Man O' War Ruination
Man O' War Virtue
Nica Libre
Padilla Achilles
Padilla Habano
Reposado 96
Rocky Patel Fusion\
Rocky Patel Double Maduro
Rocky Patel Signature
Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet

:-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 04:46 PM 02-28-2011
Add to that...

Ave Maria
San Miguel
Cigar.com Sungrown Label
Diesel Unlimited
Moro Castle
Man O War Armada
Man O War Puro Authentico
San Lotano Connecticut
San Lotano Habano
San Lotano Maduro

Also I thought Nica Libre was a Plascencia made cigar?
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:27 AM 03-01-2011
Looks like there are some more cigars that I need to sample :-)
[Reply]
OHRD 07:26 AM 03-03-2011
If you are on Twitter, be sure to follow them (@AJFcigars) - they are giving away San Lotano's just about everyday, trying to spread the word about the line.
[Reply]
Bunker 07:39 AM 03-03-2011
I haven't tried all of them on that list but of the 5-6 I have tried I am not a fan.

In my opinion I feel AJ confuses power with flavor.

At least with this list I know which new blends to avoid.:-)
[Reply]
georgegarcia1977 02:34 PM 06-03-2011
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
I'm not sure which I like better AJ or DPG.
aj for shure ive tried his new cigars the san lotano maduro wow!!! thats all i got to say.
[Reply]
georgegarcia1977 02:42 PM 06-03-2011
Tried all three cigars maduro,habano, and the conne. Friend of is going to be the dealer for aj in the state of texas.
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:10 PM 06-03-2011
Wow...interesting this thread was bumped today. I had a La Cuna Bin No 85 while fishing this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. I picked up a gaggle of AJ's stuff a while ago, and at the time thought most was okay, but nothing special. It's been a while since had one of his sticks, and as I said, today's La Cuna was quite good. Maybe the rest did it some good?:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:18 PM 06-03-2011
Originally Posted by georgegarcia1977:
aj for shure ive tried his new cigars the san lotano maduro wow!!! thats all i got to say.
Originally Posted by georgegarcia1977:
Tried all three cigars maduro,habano, and the conne. Friend of is going to be the dealer for aj in the state of texas.
I was at one of our local B&M' the other day, The Smoke Zone, and was told that of AJ' new San Lotano line, the popular wrappers in order are:

San Lotano Maduro
San Lotano Habano
San Lotano Connecticut

[Reply]
OHMatt 12:20 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
I was at one of our local B&M' the other day, The Smoke Zone, and was told that of AJ' new San Lotano line, the popular wrappers in order are:

San Lotano Maduro
San Lotano Habano
San Lotano Connecticut
Connecticut is the best of the 3 IMHO, interesting it is the least popular..
[Reply]
jjmitchem 01:02 PM 08-04-2011
I didn't realize how many cigars AJF blended until I read this post today and how many of them Are in my top favorites list.

Just got a box of Unholy Cocktails and a 10 pack of Shortys

Need to try one of the San Lotano - read somewhere it was a tribute to his father
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TheRiddick 01:29 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by Bunker:
I haven't tried all of them on that list but of the 5-6 I have tried I am not a fan.

Have you tried Morro Castle? Sumatra wrapper, not "in your face" strength, and way more interesting than most others, IMO.
[Reply]
dave 01:43 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by Bunker:

+1....except more like 14 or 15 of them. Few were awful. Fewer were great. Just not in my wheelhouse, I guess.
I will say that I received a RP Fusion (or 'Double'?) Maduro lancero (green band) in a sampler one time that was tremendous. Wouldn't mind revisiting that one. Any of the others are just OK .....at cigarbid prices.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:57 PM 08-25-2011
Just tried a San Lotano Habano I received from the Lottery -- it was a very nice smoke. I was impressed! Nice flavors -- pepper, spice, lots of smoke, and it burned well. I will have to get some more of these :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up