Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 23
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Sports>J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
DBall 10:06 AM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I have a question for you Jets fans. What do you all think of Mike Nugent? Does he choke or something? I am just trying to figure out why the Jets cut him. So far, he has looked great in Cincy (not to mention our 5 FG's last week).

Just wondering if there is something to worry about with him.

He's awesome on Madden 08 for the wii... :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 10:53 AM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
That might have been the best half I've ever seen Sanchez play. However, if he ever want to truly become an elite NFL QB, he needs to come to the realization that his receivers are NOT 7 feet tall.
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
That was his way to avoid interceptions? Most likely, coaching advice...
You two are both right,'it's his way of
Avoiding interceptions based ion coaching advice. Same thing the Jets did with Pennington,'when your qb lacks
the arm strength to zip the ball in there throwing it high helps to avoid the INT
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:08 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I'm no Jets fan, and know nothing of Mike Nugent. But knowing what I do about the Jets, I'd assume it's a personality conflict. Ted Nugent would be a better fit for the Jets mindset . . . to use the term loosely. :-)
Nothing personal save for the few games he cost us in years past when he couldn't score from ~20 yards out with the game on the line... (Read: CHOKER).

Plus, we got a better replacement in the summer, it seems. All good all around, we're happy and seems you guys are happy... Win/win and all that...
[Reply]
ujponds 02:43 PM 09-24-2010
I have a question for you Jets fans. What do you all think of Mike Nugent? Does he choke or something? I am just trying to figure out why the Jets cut him. So far, he has looked great in Cincy (not to mention our 5 FG's last week).

Just wondering if there is something to worry about with him.
After the Doug Brian nightmare the Jets spent a 2nd round pick on him and after a couple seasons he was still very inconsistent. He was dubbed the next Vinatieri but never really panned out. He seems pretty solid now.
[Reply]
MiamiE 02:52 PM 09-24-2010
Dolphins are going to lay it on the Jets this weekend!
[Reply]
ujponds 04:03 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Are they? Are they really?:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:17 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by ujponds:
Are they? Are they really?:-)
Nothing like a Giants fan, originally from the NY area, sitting now in South Florida, watching this rivalry.:-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 05:03 PM 09-24-2010
I thought Floridians only smoke legal stuff...
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:17 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Nothing like a Giants fan, originally from the NY area, sitting now in South Florida, watching this rivalry.:-)
Yeah, but nothing like Jets fans to make me laugh Carlos:-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 05:21 PM 09-24-2010
3-0...............
[Reply]
DBall 08:44 PM 09-24-2010
3-0...............

That prolly won't be happening. :-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 09:19 PM 09-24-2010
As stupid as Edwards' actions were a couple of days ago I think they will actually unify the team. Plus, Taylor should have some say in the proceedings as well and he knows Miami players well with all those past practices against them.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:34 AM 09-26-2010
WTF!? Every ESPN sports writer/analyst picked Fish to win tomorrow... Is Pennington projected to play?
[Reply]
DBall 06:33 AM 09-26-2010
WTF!? Every ESPN sports writer/analyst picked Fish to win tomorrow... Is Pennington projected to play?
Didn't everyone pick Pats last week, too?
[Reply]
ujponds 08:19 AM 09-26-2010
Love being the underdogs.

What's with all the love for Pennington? I like him as a person, but he can't throw the ball more than ten yards and chokes when ever the pressure is on. I can't even count how many 4th quarter drives went down the field only to have a game ending INT!
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:50 PM 09-26-2010
Nice win by the New Jersey Jets :-)
[Reply]
DBall 09:52 PM 09-26-2010
hell YES! :-)
[Reply]
ujponds 09:55 PM 09-26-2010
HELL...OF...A...GAME!!!!!!!

Classic Jets-Dolphins battle!!!
[Reply]
ujponds 09:56 PM 09-26-2010
Nice win by the New York Jets :-)
I know right?!
[Reply]
Mikepd 09:57 PM 09-26-2010
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

Squished the fish! :-)

I think this calls for my last late 90s RAPC tomorrow! :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 23
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Up