Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 8910 11 >
Sports>Official College Football Thread
elderboy02 07:54 AM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Dan do you work for ESPN too? They were on his jock all night just like you.

For the record, that was his first play and got lucky as crap that USF defense decided not to tackle all night. It was 3rd and 16, the play call was not to have the kid throw an interception on the first play. He got lucky and the kid took it 75 yards after a few missed tackles. Not a genius call, thats what any other coach does when his QB gets hurt, first play is usually a run. :-)
:-) How did I know that the hater of all things Cincinnati would make a negative post about a Cincinnati team :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:56 AM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
:-) How did I know that the hater of all things Cincinnati would make a negative post about a Cincinnati team :-)
Where was I negative? Besides saying that ESPN and everyone else is jockin' your boy Kelly. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:09 AM 10-16-2009
What do you all think about the possibility of Cincinnati playing for the national championship? Mike and Mike on ESPN radio were saying that UC has a shot at it.

We will have to see how good the backup QB will be over the stretch b/c Tony Pike is out for at least next week b/c he got injured last night.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:33 AM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
What do you all think about the possibility of Cincinnati playing for the national championship? Mike and Mike on ESPN radio were saying that UC has a shot at it.

We will have to see how good the backup QB will be over the stretch b/c Tony Pike is out for at least next week b/c he got injured last night.
In my opinion Cincinnati only gets a shot at the national championship if:
-They go undefeated with no close games
-There are no other undefeated teams from BCS conferences
-Boise State doesn't go undefeated
-Florida and Texas will likely both need two losses to not play in the championship

The Big East is a weak 7 team conference and some would argue that the league should not even have an automatic bid.

After OSU's attrocious showing in their last few national championship appearances I wouldn't count them getting in there with one loss either.

BCS Rankings come out on Saturday and we'll see where UC falls. Likely they will be above Boise State and TCU for the mere fact that they are in an automatic bid conference.
For the record I think that the BCS is a crock of doo-doo :-)

And if they play in the championship game, UC better get out their checkbook. Because if a PAC-10, SEC or ACC team comes calling with their checkbook Brian Kelly is gone. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:40 AM 10-16-2009

BCS Rankings come out on Saturday and we'll see where UC falls. Likely they will be above Boise State and TCU for the mere fact that they are in an automatic bid conference.
For the record I think that the BCS is a crock of doo-doo :-) Agreed. The BCS sucks.

And if they play in the championship game, UC better get out their checkbook. Because if a PAC-10, SEC or ACC team comes calling with their checkbook Brian Kelly is gone. :-) Agreed
[Reply]
Mark C 06:03 PM 10-16-2009
In my opinion Cincinnati only gets a shot at the national championship if:
-They go undefeated with no close games
-There are no other undefeated teams from BCS conferences
-Boise State doesn't go undefeated
-Florida and Texas will likely both need two losses to not play in the championship
In other words, less than a snowball's chance in hell?

Speaking of Cincinnati, what's with the Chik-fil-a logo?
[Reply]
acarr 09:12 AM 10-17-2009
Chippewas vs. broncos this weekend to find out if Central Michigan is the best team in the State of Michigan and no one is talking about it? :-)

Fire up Chips!

Keep it up. Arizona needs you to win for SOS!
[Reply]
TripleF 10:01 AM 10-17-2009
Great day and great weather for college football today boyz!!! :-)

Can't wait to get to work at 3:30 and put a different game on all 3 tv's :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:15 AM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Great day and great weather for college football today boyz!!! :-)

Can't wait to get to work at 3:30 and put a different game on all 3 tv's :-)
Make sure you find that CMU v. wmu game on ESPN Gameplan :-)

Originally Posted by acarr:
Keep it up. Arizona needs you to win for SOS!
Likewise, I just wish CMU would have brought their offense to that game and won rather than laying a complete egg. It was a waste of a trip to watch their offense look that terrible. :-)
[Reply]
ir13 03:53 PM 10-17-2009
How bout those razorbacks? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
GTsetGO 10:12 AM 10-18-2009
how about those Wahoos!!!!!!!!!!

and a big thank you to GA TEch
[Reply]
Mark C 12:09 PM 10-18-2009
Come on now, the Wahoos beat a team that lost to Middle Tennessee State High School. Granted, I'd be thrilled with any win if I were a hoo fan, but still... :-)
[Reply]
silentjon 05:11 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:

and a big thank you to GA TEch
:-)
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 05:24 PM 10-18-2009
GO CANES!!! :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:00 PM 10-18-2009
Central Michigan University Chippewas 2009 NCAA State Champions!

They have now successfully beaten: Michigan State, Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan. :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 06:06 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:
Come on now, the Wahoos beat a team that lost to Middle Tennessee State High School. Granted, I'd be thrilled with any win if I were a hoo fan, but still... :-)
you said it right there. :-)

Originally Posted by silentjon:
[Reply]
Mark C 10:36 AM 10-19-2009
I've rethought my position on UVA. This coming weekend I will be cheering for the Hoos, beat the bumble bees!

And if that doesn't work, I may as well buy my ticket to the Gator Bowl now, 'cause I can't imagine anything short of a natural disaster causing GT to lose to either Wake or Duke...
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:45 AM 10-19-2009
Cincinnati is #5 :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 10:46 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:
I've rethought my position on UVA. This coming weekend I will be cheering for the Hoos, beat the bumble bees!

And if that doesn't work, I may as well buy my ticket to the Gator Bowl now, 'cause I can't imagine anything short of a natural disaster causing GT to lose to either Wake or Duke...
see, this is what puts me in a predicament. I want to see UVA beat GT this weekend, but if they do that means VT will win the division. ughhhhh.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 09:55 PM 10-19-2009
I'm gonna be at the UT-Ok St. game in two weeks, anyone else gonna be there (longshot I'm sure)?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 8910 11 >
Up