Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
General Discussion>iPad 2 to be announced on 3/2
Wanger 07:43 AM 03-28-2011
Woohooo!!! Ours is out for delivery! We played with one at the Apple store yesterday, and it confirmed that we wanted one. I'm sure I won't talk to my wife for the next 2-3 days as she plays with it. :-)
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:48 AM 03-28-2011
Almost the end of the month, crossing my fingers hoping my wife won the sales contest!
[Reply]
Blueface 08:01 AM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Almost the end of the month, crossing my fingers hoping my wife won the sales contest!
Good luck.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:03 AM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
still trying to figure out a use for this thing?
Have you held one of the new ones in your hand and given it a whirl?

I assure you the thoughts of what you can use it for will fly by at the speed of light.
[Reply]
aich75013 08:09 AM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
It's not a laptop replacement, so get that out of your head if you were thinking that. It's close though, depending on your habits. I'm an email, internet surfing goof, so it fits my needs perfectly.
I agree it's not a laptop replacement, but I do find myself using my laptop a whole lot less.
I even installed VNC on the iPad so I can do stuff on my laptop without having to use my laptop.
[Reply]
aich75013 08:18 AM 03-28-2011
Ok. I finally ordered a 64GB iPad 2. I get a whopping $14 discount through work.
[Reply]
shilala 08:29 AM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by aich75013:
I agree it's not a laptop replacement, but I do find myself using my laptop a whole lot less.
I even installed VNC on the iPad so I can do stuff on my laptop without having to use my laptop.
I don't use my laptop at all, I just gave it to Cole (my stepson). He needed one for school, or at least he does next year.
So for me, it's definately a laptop replacement. I do my desktop stuff at my desk. Lisa could never replace her laptop with one, because she's on hers all day for work.
I think now that the ipad has a camera, she could probably do all her work from one, but wouldn't want to. She does a tremendous amount of speed-of-light typing and needs a number keypad. Plus she uses a couple monitors.
Speaking of that, there's an app for making a second monitor out of your ipad wirelessly. I just saw it the other day, but I totally forget everything I read about it. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 08:40 AM 03-28-2011
:-)

I would say in my case, 90% of my computer usage is now on my iPad.
I use my laptop mostly to print since I don't have a wireless printer but will soon take care of that too.

Obviously, I need the laptop also to sync my iPad.
[Reply]
aich75013 08:48 AM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by Blueface:
:-)

I would say in my case, 90% of my computer usage is now on my iPad.
I use my laptop mostly to print since I don't have a wireless printer but will soon take care of that too.

Obviously, I need the laptop also to sync my iPad.
I set it up to print through my wife's MacBook Pro. It was easier than through my laptop (PC). With my laptop, I had to setup a username and password and then type that each time I wanted to print. From the MacBook, you just have to print. No need to buy another printer as long as your printer is already network connected.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:07 AM 03-28-2011
I set it up to print through my wife's MacBook Pro. It was easier than through my laptop (PC). With my laptop, I had to setup a username and password and then type that each time I wanted to print. From the MacBook, you just have to print. No need to buy another printer as long as your printer is already network connected.
I print wireless now From my laptop via my printer connected to Aiport Extreme.
Would love to print from iPad but need a printer with AirPrint.
I need a new fax anyhow so looking at all in one HP AirPrint enabled.
Just need to save the cash or buy same as cash at Best Buy.
[Reply]
newcigarz 09:14 AM 03-28-2011

I have the HP Photosmart D110. That I use to print wirelessly with all my Macs in my house as well as my wife's Toshiba laptop. I am assuming this will also work with my iPad
[Reply]
aich75013 09:15 AM 03-28-2011
I installed this on my wifes macbook. Printopia
Cost $10. There's ways to do it for free I think, but it was easy to do this way.

A windows option. I did it the hard way (had to copy certain files to certain locations,) but this looks much easier. AirPrint through windows

If your buying a new priner anyways, then I can see getting one AirPrint enabled. For me, I have a nice HP Color Laser printer that I paid a pretty penny for a few years ago. Still works great, so I don't really want to buy a new one. Plus I've never really liked inkjet printers. I always have problems with the jets if I don't use them often enough.
[Reply]
newcigarz 09:32 AM 03-28-2011
Look what just showed up. 3 days before the tracking said it was due.

[Reply]
Blueface 09:33 AM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
I have the HP Photosmart D110. That I use to print wirelessly with all my Macs in my house as well as my wife's Toshiba laptop. I am assuming this will also work with my iPad
Has to be specifically AirPrint enabled, built in.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:35 AM 03-28-2011

Congrats!

Let the games begin.

Get Angry Birds Rio in HD. Awesome!
[Reply]
Blueface 09:36 AM 03-28-2011
BTW Tony, 17 days.
Not bad at all.
They were saying 4-5 weeks at the time you ordered.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:38 AM 03-28-2011
FedEx just dropped of my smart cover :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:42 AM 03-28-2011
Toys are so much fun!

Can't wait until June so the games can begin all over again with the iPhone 5.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:43 AM 03-28-2011
cONGRATULATIONS, tONY!!!
[Reply]
aich75013 09:47 AM 03-28-2011
Has to be specifically AirPrint enabled, built in.
Can still be done as long as the laptop/desktop isn't asleep. See my post above. Prints the same as if you had an AirPrint printer. I print from my iPhone/iPad.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up