Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 25
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Sports>New York Mets 2013 Banter
kelmac07 04:12 PM 05-22-2013
Mets have scored damn near NO RUNS for Harvey his past four starts. :-) :-)
Dave128 07:16 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Is this an apology, or a description of the Mets? :-)
Either one works...
kelmac07 09:02 AM 05-26-2013
Meta drop two to the Braves yesterday. 3rd worst team in the bigs right now. :-) :-)
76GTFan 09:50 AM 05-26-2013
Braves own the Mets
kelmac07 05:41 AM 05-27-2013
Mets avoid the sweep and beat the Braves 4-2. Scoring three in the bottom of the eight. :-) :-)

Can someone explain to me how Ike Davis is 4 for his last 46 and he is still with the big club? :-) :-)
jonumberone 06:11 AM 05-27-2013
Jeez Mac, he went 3-2 with 2 Rbi's and a walk yesterday. Plus he drove in the go ahead runs
Might have been better to bring it up after he went 2-10 with 8 strikeouts Friday and Saturday
Who do you want to play first?
Is Ike Davis the reason, out of the 30 teams, only 2 have a worse record than the Mets?
Granted he isn't helping the situation, but letting him work through this up here, isn't ruining the Mets chances.

Funny thing is, the way Met fans feel about Matt Harvey, that's how they used to feel about Ike Davis.
How the mighty have fallen, and how easily Met fans forget!
kelmac07 06:43 AM 05-27-2013
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Jeez Mac, he went 3-2 with 2 Rbi's and a walk yesterday. Plus he drove in the go ahead runs
Might have been better to bring it up after he went 2-10 with 8 strikeouts Friday and Saturday
Who do you want to play first?
Is Ike Davis the reason, out of the 30 teams, only 2 have a worse record than the Mets?
Granted he isn't helping the situation, but letting him work through this up here, isn't ruining the Mets chances.

Funny thing is, the way Met fans feel about Matt Harvey, that's how they used to feel about Ike Davis.
How the mighty have fallen, and how easily Met fans forget!
Davis started out horribly last year as well. He didn't start showing signs of improvement until after the All Star break, and then he was on fire. But come on man...4-46????? That's like an .087 batting average!!! Before yesterdays game, Ike was 2-43 with an a$$load of strikeouts. Ike isn't the SOLE reason that we have the third worst record in the majors...that belongs to our pitching staff (minus Harvey), and the outfield (which has been a complete disaster). Besides Murphy and Wright...no one else has hit the ball consistently. For the payroll, we've fielded, at best, a AA ballclub. Mets ownership owes it to the fans to put a better product on the field.
kelmac07 06:49 AM 05-27-2013
On that same note, after Texeira comes back, we'll gladly take Overbay off your hands. And we could use a couple outfielders as well. :-) :-)
kelmac07 04:52 AM 05-28-2013
Mets beat the Yankees last night 2-1. :-) :-)
Dave128 08:54 AM 05-28-2013
Woohoo! Mets took the first game from the Yanks!

Also.....given the sequence of events that lead up to the plunking of Wright last night, I am convinced it was on purpose.
jonumberone 11:56 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by Dave128:
Also.....given the sequence of events that lead up to the plunking of Wright last night, I am convinced it was on purpose.
Seriously? :-)
He got hit with a curveball.
What's next, hitting guys with a change up? Or better yet an Eephus pitch?
If I was throwing at a guy, I'd make sure it left a mark!
Then again, we all know what a dick I can be. :-)

Hey Mac, now you can say it.
Ike Davis looked lost last night! :-)
kelmac07 12:11 PM 05-28-2013
0-3 with three strikeouts....typical Ike night. Send his a$$ down to the Las Vegas 51s. :-) :-) :-)
Dave128 01:28 PM 05-28-2013
Seriously? :-)
He got hit with a curveball.
What's next, hitting guys with a change up? Or better yet an Eephus pitch?
If I was throwing at a guy, I'd make sure it left a mark!
Then again, we all know what a dick I can be. :-)

Curveball, beach ball or whatever - he was still hit (on purpose )....:-)
BlueDude 02:17 PM 05-28-2013
Looking for another spectacular outing from Mr. Harvey.
I hope his teammates back him up with some run production.
kelmac07 05:18 AM 05-29-2013
Another win over the Yankees, 2-1...and causing Rivera to blow his first save of the season (and first ever blown save where he didn't get any outs. And a comeback victory. :-) :-)

Harvey looked good last night, except he couldn't get Gardner out at all. Davis continues to look terrible.
The Poet 07:30 AM 05-29-2013
Pitching has been great for both teams both games . . . or the Yankee hitters have caught Citi Fever. :-)

'Grats on two late close wins, Mac. Your guys needed a lift.
kelmac07 07:46 AM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Pitching has been great for both teams both games . . . or the Yankee hitters have caught Citi Fever. :-)

'Grats on two late close wins, Mac. Your guys needed a lift.
I'm placing my money on the Yankees catching "Citi Fever". :-) :-)

And you are absolutely right Thomas...we needed a HUGE lift. Not sure this series will turn our season around...the pitching staff and outfield are still suspect. :-)
Dave128 08:54 AM 05-29-2013
Awesome win last night! Wright came through once again. I love watching the team get all excited when they win. They really need to remember that feeling more often. Too bad Harvey didn't get the run support early on, he deserves to have more than five wins credited to his name.
shilala 09:36 AM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Another win over the Yankees, 2-1...and causing Rivera to blow his first save of the season (and first ever blown save where he didn't get any outs. And a comeback victory. :-) :-)

Harvey looked good last night, except he couldn't get Gardner out at all. Davis continues to look terrible.
I saw that Kuroda had 7 innings of 0.00 ERA work, I wondered how that game went. Then I heard Mo got whipped. I need to go look at the box score on this.
That's a big deal for the Mets, probably the highlight of you guy's season, Mac!!! :-)
kelmac07 10:01 AM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
That's a big deal for the Mets, probably the highlight of you guy's season, Mac!!! :-)
The way things are going for us this year...this was our World Series. :-)
Page 10 of 25
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Up