Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Orlando area - Tenor CS Looking for golf buddies
Tenor CS 05:14 AM 02-06-2009
Those of you who have met me know that I am extremely overweight. I weight almost 400 pounds. I would really like to start exercising and getting into better shape, but at my weight, I'm in no condition to start jogging.

My doctor suggested I take up a sport that was based on walking, like golf. He figured it would get me out of the house and more active. Any time I'm out on the course is time I'm not stuffing my face with food.

I know nothing about golf, but I do know that in the Orlando area we have tons of great courses. So, any Orlando area guys wanna nurture a golf noob and help me get healthier at the same time?
[Reply]
Tenor CS 04:02 PM 02-08-2009
Bump?
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 10:55 PM 02-08-2009
I wish I lived in Orlando Christian we both could have the beneficial sport to help us along.
Best to ya.:-)
Bump!

[Reply]
ucubed 11:08 PM 02-08-2009
I have a set of clubs, but I don't play =P
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 04:49 PM 02-09-2009
I don't live anywhere near you but I can offer some starter advice at least. When I started golfing I took lessons from an ex-pro and he only charged like $30 per session which was about 2-3 hours at a driving range. I bought a set of clubs but he would bring his own and let you use them and after a few lessons at the range he started taking me to a golf course. Became buddies, after that we were on the golf course every weekend. If you can't find golfers in your area that you know this is a good way to meet some great guys.
[Reply]
Up