Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Tuscon Superbowl viewers seeing Red (and P00RN)
mrreindeer 11:55 AM 02-04-2009
Did anyone hear about this????

Several horrified (or lucky, depending on your point of view) Comcast customers in the Tuscon area were treated to about 30 seconds of a P00RN film just after Larry Fitzgerald scored a fourth-quarter Super Bowl touchdown.

http://deadspin.com/5144427/update-c...mments-section

http://deadspin.com/5145699/meet-tri...bowl-****-girl

In one instance, Comcast replied with the below (which has been slightly modified by moi):

Originally Posted by :
We are mortified (yet laughing hysterically on the inside) by last evening's Super Bowl interruption (read: additional free entertainment), and deeply apologize to our customers for the inappropriate programming (and for only airing 30 seconds of it – we wish it could have been longer – that’s what she said). We are aggressively investigating the situation including the possibility of foul play.

Thank you!
Frank Eliason
Comcast

[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:26 PM 02-04-2009
In the interview:

RAY: Where are you from?

TRISTAN: I’m from northern California. The bay area, San Jose.

RAY: Why did you move to L.A?

TRISTAN: For po0rn. And a change of pace.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 02:24 PM 02-04-2009
Ninja Vanish got it, called me wanted to know if it was on my Direct TV. Had no idea what he was talking about until he explained!! He said guys at the cigar shop were rolling in the floor!
[Reply]
TheJ 05:15 PM 02-04-2009
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9438
[Reply]
karmaz00 05:21 PM 02-04-2009
lol funny
[Reply]
PaleRider 05:22 PM 02-04-2009
Its little gems like these that make me really enjoy the super bowl. Perhaps in future years there will be public executions during half time? One can only hope.:-):-)
[Reply]
King James 05:47 PM 02-04-2009
I heard about this. Apparently they are paying the customers who viewed it for the amount of time it was on their TV.
[Reply]
taltos 05:48 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
I heard about this. Apparently they are paying the customers who viewed it for the amount of time it was on their TV.
Seeing as it is Comcrap, I am surprised that they are not billing everyone who viewed it for watching pay per view.
[Reply]
Gargoyle 06:11 AM 02-05-2009
Sounds like a wardrobe malfunction. :-)
[Reply]
AdamC 06:29 AM 02-05-2009
haha wonder how many kids saw that one...
[Reply]
King James 08:40 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Seeing as it is Comcrap, I am surprised that they are not billing everyone who viewed it for watching pay per view.
ahahaha, Have no experience w/ comcast...but thanks for a morning laugh
[Reply]
zmancbr 09:31 AM 02-05-2009
That sounds about right... I finally dropped Comcast after being fed up with their BS...

As to the OP, I saw that and had a damn good laugh. Lucky indeed! :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:49 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
Wow; makes sense...I wonder how much was credited on their monthly bill...I'm rather curious...

Originally Posted by Gargoyle:
Sounds like a wardrobe malfunction. :-)
:-):-)

:-):-) me too Paul!

I do hope that kids didn't see it or know what it was...but it's still pretty damn funny.
[Reply]
acarr 07:26 PM 02-06-2009
I posted another thread about this and was able to view the whole thing. At least they could have shown the girl:-) Good thing they aren't charging us for the "premium viewing channels on this one" They are giving us a whole $10 credit for the inconvenience.
[Reply]
Fumes 11:59 PM 02-06-2009
I grew up in Phoenix and now my parents live in Tucson. When I was in high school (about 20 years ago) I woke up one morning and my Dad had the cable box in pieces. He had been working on it all night, and by the next day he had it rewired so we got all the pay channels free, including of course the Playboy channel. Mom wasn't too happy about it, but being the good liberal that she is she let it be.

So when I asked if they had experienced any technical difficulties at home during the Super Bowl my Mom groaned and handed the phone over. My Dad just chuckled. Some things never change.
[Reply]
acarr 08:55 AM 02-07-2009
Originally Posted by Fumes:
I grew up in Phoenix and now my parents live in Tucson. When I was in high school (about 20 years ago) I woke up one morning and my Dad had the cable box in pieces. He had been working on it all night, and by the next day he had it rewired so we got all the pay channels free, including of course the Playboy channel. Mom wasn't too happy about it, but being the good liberal that she is she let it be.

So when I asked if they had experienced any technical difficulties at home during the Super Bowl my Mom groaned and handed the phone over. My Dad just chuckled. Some things never change.
That is some funny stuff.
[Reply]
Up