Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>What are your other hobbies besides stogies?
MedicCook 09:23 PM 02-04-2009
I have a large collection of Yankees Memoriabilia and baseball cards. All that has been packed away for a few years though since I have no where to display it. I will probably end up selling the collection off this year when the weather warms up.
[Reply]
wigg 09:27 PM 02-04-2009
I love working on the car (see avatar)
Guitar (but I suck)
Just hanging with friends, seeing I just moved back to my home town.
Boating, skiing wakeboarding
The Yard, if you can call this a hobbie, or just being cheap
Video games, love Call of Duty on the computer.
My dogs, a Flat coated retreiver, and a black lab
My kids
Music
Now screwing around with facebook and myspace.
[Reply]
wigg 09:29 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I have a large collection of Yankees Memoriabilia and baseball cards. All that has been packed away for a few years though since I have no where to display it. I will probably end up selling the collection off this year when the weather warms up.
Hey MedicCook, I have a baseball signed by the 1977 Yankees, Billy Martin and crew, I think they won the World Series that year, but it is getting faded.. any suggestions on keeping it from fading?
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:40 PM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by wigg:
Hey MedicCook, I have a baseball signed by the 1977 Yankees, Billy Martin and crew, I think they won the World Series that year, but it is getting faded.. any suggestions on keeping it from fading?
The easiest thing is to put it in something soft and put it away in a dark place. Any light that hits it is going to fade and yellow it. There are some products available that you can use to coat it in to try and preserve it but you have to becareful that they do not cause the signatures to bleed.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:15 AM 02-05-2009
I love to play golf and go fishing, but it seems I never have enough time to do it.
I collect cookbooks about seafood and cook a lot of seafood too.
The last few years I've been doing a lot of gardening.
[Reply]
neoflex 06:38 AM 02-05-2009
Free time has been limited so it seems my other hobby is working lately but seriously I also enjoy Mountain Biking, Snowboarding and Shoooting.
[Reply]
darb85 07:34 AM 02-05-2009
I coach swimming, Build Cars Currently a 1965 Corvair, heavily modified, Collect coins, though this one has fallen by the way side a bit.

Also Just started a saltwater fish tank. I also try to do some woodworking but i dont really have a shop, but I had one at my parents house, but my dad has all the tools! :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 10:25 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by GoatLocker:
Pursuing Ernest Borgnine's secret to long life? :-):-)
Yes but without the marriage to Ethel Merman :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:17 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Yes but without the marriage to Ethel Merman :-)
Why? Then everything would be coming up roses! :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 11:34 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
The easiest thing is to put it in something soft and put it away in a dark place. Any light that hits it is going to fade and yellow it. There are some products available that you can use to coat it in to try and preserve it but you have to becareful that they do not cause the signatures to bleed.

I would stay away from putting any coating on it. Put it in a ball cube, put it in a dark place such as a closet or a room with no windows.
[Reply]
foomanto 03:47 PM 02-05-2009
comic books been collecting for over 20 years now.
video games console and pc mostly rpg's and strategy but am hooked on guitar hero real bad right now.
d&d been playing for 20 or so years off and on when i can find a group.
movies and music
reading mostly fantasy.
and i collect action figures.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up