Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Preferred Browser Assistance
Blueface 01:14 PM 02-03-2009
I have migrated over to Safari as I am liking it more than FireFox.
Whenever I open an attachment on an email, it chooses FireFox as the browser to open.
How do I change that preference on a MacBook so that the attachment opens with Safari instead of FireFox?
I have tried to find it everywhere and can't seem to find it.
Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:18 PM 02-03-2009
Disregard.

After a half hour of trying, and then posting here, finally located it.

Please close as not needed.

It truly sucks to be old and blind.
[Reply]
12stones 02:13 PM 02-03-2009
I made the switch awhile ago and then switched back. I'm not using a Mac, but I didn't end up liking Safari. Glad you found your answer though, Carlos. I'll go back to being lazy now. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 02:31 PM 02-03-2009
Not sure if MAC compatible... Try Googles Chrome, screaming fast browsers. Beat them all as far as I can tell.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:08 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Not sure if MAC compatible... Try Googles Chrome, screaming fast browsers. Beat them all as far as I can tell.
Not mac ready yet. Why use Chrome though? SRWare Iron is the exact same browser except it doesn't breach your privacy like Chrome.

I really like FF just cause of all the plugins. I do however use opera on my netbook. Great browser, small footprint, and smoking fast. Well worth a look as there is a mac version. Safari just doesn't do it for me :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 03:31 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Not mac ready yet. Why use Chrome though? SRWare Iron is the exact same browser except it doesn't breach your privacy like Chrome.

I really like FF just cause of all the plugins. I do however use opera on my netbook. Great browser, small footprint, and smoking fast. Well worth a look as there is a mac version. Safari just doesn't do it for me :-)
Lately, Firefox has been slow.
I go on Safari and it moves normal.
[Reply]
s0leful0ne 03:35 PM 02-03-2009
Safari is the fastest mac browser when it comes to flash based sites. I wish we had chrome though. If you have any other mac questions you can always PM me i've been through my share of hurdles making the mac switch
[Reply]
Up