Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Smokin' bombs
RevSmoke 11:36 AM 02-02-2009
Don't know about you, but I have stumbled across on conundrum.

When do bombs smoke?

What I mean is this. I have received cigars in trade, PIF, or MAWs (and never does anybody abide by the agreed upon trade, but they develop into bombs - always tag alongs), and also as out-&-out bombs.

Other than the 5er trades, which you smoke as the expected flavors trigger you, when do you smoke bombs?

I have always thought that they should be smoked at a special occasion, meaning some kind of social event with other BOTLs. However, in the north woods of WI, those happen rarely. I am not talking about the normal times I burn a stick - fishing, bowling, or at normal smoking times. But, when you get together with another BOTL and compare notes while smoking - sharing the enjoyment with another.

And then, giving some sort of a review or response to the person who sent them, that you really enjoyed them. Now, I have had a few for which I didn't, but that is usually because I have forgotten who they are from.

So it comes about that I have a bunch of sticks that have been gifted to me, and I sit on them, waiting to smoke them.

Am I goofy in setting my requirements as I have? Do you have requirements for the smoking of cigars gifted to you?
[Reply]
pnoon 11:41 AM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Don't know about you, but I have stumbled across on conundrum.

When do bombs smoke?

What I mean is this. I have received cigars in trade, PIF, or MAWs (and never does anybody abide by the agreed upon trade, but they develop into bombs - always tag alongs), and also as out-&-out bombs.

Other than the 5er trades, which you smoke as the expected flavors trigger you, when do you smoke bombs?

I have always thought that they should be smoked at a special occasion, meaning some kind of social event with other BOTLs. However, in the north woods of WI, those happen rarely. I am not talking about the normal times I burn a stick - fishing, bowling, or at normal smoking times. But, when you get together with another BOTL and compare notes while smoking - sharing the enjoyment with another.

And then, giving some sort of a review or response to the person who sent them, that you really enjoyed them. Now, I have had a few for which I didn't, but that is usually because I have forgotten who they are from.

So it comes about that I have a bunch of sticks that have been gifted to me, and I sit on them, waiting to smoke them.

Am I goofy in setting my requirements as I have? Do you have requirements for the smoking of cigars gifted to you? Nope.
Don't overthink it. Just enjoy the cigars at a time that works for you. Some gifted cigars I have smoked within a few days. Some, I have had for years.
[Reply]
karmaz00 11:42 AM 02-02-2009
nope. not really..i mean depending on what it was...
[Reply]
Volt 11:42 AM 02-02-2009
I smoke them typically when I can devote some time to the stick. Usually for me they are a new smoke and I want to pay attention. Most times I try to review and post with thanks for the new smoke.

Still nothing as good as the traditional 5 finger bomb. Out of the blue, no notice, just because. Which will soon turn into the 6 finger bomb as the fiver bags are scarce but there are some 3 fingers out there.
[Reply]
bazookajoe 11:43 AM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Don't overthink it. Just enjoy the cigars at a time that works for you...
:-) Life is a special occasion. Smoke 'em up.:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:05 PM 02-02-2009
Smoke them when you want and then post on the "I had a great cigar today..." Thread!!!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=470
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:07 PM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
I smoke them typically when I can devote some time to the stick. Usually for me they are a new smoke and I want to pay attention. Most times I try to review and post with thanks for the new smoke.
That's what I mean. Exactly!
[Reply]
gorob23 12:41 PM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Don't overthink it. Just enjoy the cigars at a time that works for you. Some gifted cigars I have smoked within a few days. Some, I have had for years.
Well said by the old guy in the corner. :-)

I had been lucky enough to recieve one or two great sticks that I wold never have seen let alone smoke. Then sometime last November I sadi screw this I gain nothign by saving them and I get to recall some of the good times The Boys have had while I enjoy the smoke from a friend.
In fact I had a great day watching the SC vs Noter Dame game last year Mr. Nee kept saying " here I have a smoke for you" and I would hold what I had up and say "can you beat this" he would just shake hsi head and laugh ..first time I ever had him beat! Which also made for a good laugh:-)

ROb
[Reply]
Up