Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars new wasp repellent?!!!
TDK08 12:09 AM 01-28-2009
Had a couple Quintero's earlier today and boy is it hot.... 115 F today and gonna be almost this hot for the next 7 days. Tonights overnight low is 90F LOL!!! :-)

Long story short the flies were sticking to the screen door, taking in the cool breeze from the aircon, i put some rubbish in the bin and come inside. I feel a tickle on my neck, moved my hand quickly and knocked off a nasty old wasp bastard. No sting thankfully, proof that only the good die young :-)

Maybe he dont like Quintero's the way i do .. LOL :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:17 AM 01-28-2009
The smoke may have temporarily paralyzed it!!!
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 12:27 AM 01-28-2009
I have used cigars to keep the wasps at bay while I am grilling....it works quite well sometimes...
[Reply]
livwire68 12:48 AM 01-28-2009
It seems like when i smoke outside in the summer it actually attracts bee's. baffles me
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
GoodFella 12:51 AM 01-28-2009
i like that bugs dont bug me when i smoke
[Reply]
TDK08 04:06 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:
I have used cigars to keep the wasps at bay while I am grilling....it works quite well sometimes...
yeah everytime i cook chicken on the bbq they come in droves lol

Ive got a pet sleepy lizard outside, see him once in a while, normally when the lawn is cut and there is fresh water in the ponds. One of these days ill have to introduce him into cohiba-world lol.

haha reminds me of cheech and chong with the smoking lizard....:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:48 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by livwire68:
It seems like when i smoke outside in the summer it actually attracts bee's. baffles me
Posted via Mobile Device
The same thing happens to me!!! The bees always come to checkout what I'm smoking!!!
[Reply]
groogs 09:28 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
The same thing happens to me!!! The bees always come to checkout what I'm smoking!!!
So do the Flies...:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:42 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by groogs:
So do the Flies...:-)
That day was hot and those flies were actually helping to circulate the air!!!:-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:40 AM 01-28-2009
What i've found, after nearly a decade of smoking cigars, is that the only thing cigar smoke repels is women.
[Reply]
pnutbutrsangwich 10:46 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
What i've found, after nearly a decade of smoking cigars, is that the only thing cigar smoke repels is women.
:-):-)
[Reply]
GKitty 10:48 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
:-)

yeah, I'm not touching that one.

:-)
[Reply]
Jimbo14 08:03 PM 01-28-2009
I find that (and my father agrees with me) that mosquitos dont bite when smoking a cigar...
[Reply]
totallytentative 11:33 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by Jimbo14:
I find that (and my father agrees with me) that mosquitos dont bite when smoking a cigar...
I was going to ask about this.... this summer I was dabbing on the insect repellent to my neck and arms for my outdoors smoking sessions.

Anyone else notice cigars keep mosquitos away? I'd be nice to not have to put on that stuff (smells funky sometimes too).
[Reply]
ucla695 06:56 AM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by Jimbo14:
Originally Posted by totallytentative:
I was going to ask about this.... this summer I was dabbing on the insect repellent to my neck and arms for my outdoors smoking sessions.

Anyone else notice cigars keep mosquitos away? I'd be nice to not have to put on that stuff (smells funky sometimes too).
I usually get eaten alive when mosquitos are around, but I've noticed that I don't have as many bites when I'm smoking a cigar. So it works to some extent for me. Maybe I just need to smoke more when I'm outside. :-)
[Reply]
Good_Stogies_Mon 02:44 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by ucla695:
I usually get eaten alive when mosquitos are around, but I've noticed that I don't have as many bites when I'm smoking a cigar. So it works to some extent for me. Maybe I just need to smoke more when I'm outside. :-)
Eat more garlic and the mosquitos won't want to be around you, of cores no one else will either :-)
[Reply]
Coz77 08:31 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by totallytentative:

Misquotes still attack my ankles pretty good in the summer time, However from the waist up I think cigar smoke does a pretty good job keeping the little bastards away.
[Reply]
Up