Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Good Dental Insurance for individual purchase???
SvilleKid 02:37 PM 01-26-2009
OK, I'm self employed. Looking for something reputable. Prefer dental insurance verses a "dental plan". I see tons of "plans" which require the dentist to be a member, and don't really pay that well. Talked with my local dental office, they echo same thing - Dental insurance over a dental plan.

Anyone out there got any recommendations? Maybe on that will take cigars as payment?

OK, I was fantasying about being able to pay with cigars! But am looking for a plan that would cover myself and my wife.
[Reply]
LkyLindy 08:46 PM 01-26-2009
Actually Ins for individuals is hard to get unless its tied in with your medical--Most "plans are reduced fee and there are participating dentists who will accept them--They can be ok if a dentist you like accepts them--Ask around for recommendations and see if those offices accept a plan that you can join up with

here's a site that may help

http://www.dentalplans.com/?csld=7660
[Reply]
lenguamor 09:24 PM 01-26-2009
Check Costco; they have decent insurance plans, especially with Executive membership.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 06:22 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
Check Costco; they have decent insurance plans, especially with Executive membership.
Was excited for a moment. But, Alabama isn't one of the states on the list. Figures. Also, I have good health insurance already, and the Costco plan is a health plan that has dental option. If only BCBS offered Dental!!
[Reply]
Up