Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Lino Africa duma
Don Fernando 04:18 AM 01-25-2009
I think it was Conch who gave me this 5 x 50 Don Lino Africa Duma, but I could be mistaken, I’ve been bombed way too much in my 9 months that I’ve been on club stogie and the cigar asylum. The cigar is nice and the wrapper is dark and has quite some veins, a flashy colorful band and the designer looked good at African art when designing this band. The predraw is fine and leaves a sweet flavor in my mouth.

This is a full flavored cigar; straight from the start I can taste a sweet, slightly bitter cacao with some coffee. After a centimeter the cigar becomes peppery with chocolate on the background. The pepper fades away quickly and is replaced by woody flavors with still the chocolate on the background. The pepper makes a return for a while and disappears after 2/3rd when the cigar produces flavors of wood, coffee and some sweet chocolate on the background. The finale is wood, coffee and pepper.

I get a lot of smoke from this cigar; the ash has both dark and light spots. The draw is fine, but the burn is somewhat crooked. I would rate this cigar as full flavored medium bodied with a hint of vitamin n.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yeah, probably as they are not expensive at all

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
BlackIrish 12:27 PM 01-25-2009
Thanks for the review. I really like these cigars - they have a certain yummy tang to them.
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:32 PM 01-25-2009
Nice review! I really like these cigars.
[Reply]
JaKaacH 01:47 PM 01-25-2009
Nice review.
When the Don Lino's are on they are great.
I have had a couple though that had bad, crooked burn issues.
Now might be a good time to get a few. I've seen them at a B&M , and a couple online sellers on close-out.
Are they being discontinued??
[Reply]
totallytentative 07:39 PM 01-25-2009
Thanks for the review! I have a 5-er of these exact cigars lying in wait but haven't gotten around to try one yet. They sound really nice.

I'm glad to hear these only have a "hint of vitamin N".... for some reason I was expecting these to have "a lot of vitamin N"? I've seen some reviews of people saying these were "strong".....

They don't appear to be on closeout at Atlantic (where I got my Duma 5 pack - $17) or at Famous. Hopefully it's just some retailers not carrying them anymore or something.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:57 PM 01-25-2009
Thanks for the review and pictures.
[Reply]
Scottw 08:03 PM 01-25-2009
Bao sent me one of these a few months back and I thought it was a pretty nice smoke.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:53 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I think it was Conch who gave me this 5 x 50 Don Lino Africa Duma, but I could be mistaken
Thanks for the review and photos Ferdinand. What other smoke would you compare the Don Lino Africa Duma to?:-)
[Reply]
KazzTheMurse 11:37 PM 01-25-2009
I had a don lino africa yesterday (torpedo however). It didn't blow me away, but it was a good smoke and burned well. I got the same sweetness from the prelight draw that you did. It was a lot lighter in flavor and strength after the light than it looked when I picked it up while I was working.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 01:58 PM 01-26-2009
Nice review.

I agree and only wish the pepper would have stayed a bit longer. It wasn't an over powering flavor and actually complemented the slight sweetness nicely.

Not a bad smoke and for the prices you can pick these up around town, they are a real bargin.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 02:51 PM 01-26-2009
I have smoked a lot of these and I think these smokes are a great value, but I have had consistency problems with them. A good one is tough to beat since they can be had pretty cheap on cbid and on other sales. Bonus points for the awesome boxes they come in.

I have also heard that they will be discontinued, but do know know if it is true or rumored.
[Reply]
Up