Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Tips on German Shepards?
darb85 01:05 PM 06-05-2009
well the origonal pup fell through but I was guarnteed one from the next litter. I pick her up july 8th :-):-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 02:02 PM 06-05-2009
I have had three and loved them. The only advice I have is to spend alot of time with her. Training, playing, bonding.... They like to be busy.
I think German Shep. & Labs are the two best breeds of dogs out there, but I partail to German Shep.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 02:47 PM 06-05-2009
Do German Shephard's shed a lot? I wouldn't mind the dog if it doesn't shed. My dog now is a Shichon, and it is perfect because the dog doesn't shed at all. A bigger dog would be cool but if they shed not cool.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:14 PM 06-05-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Do German Shephard's shed a lot? I wouldn't mind the dog if it doesn't shed. My dog now is a Shichon, and it is perfect because the dog doesn't shed at all. A bigger dog would be cool but if they shed not cool.
Mine does in the Spring and Fall, when they get their coat for the new season. Tends to come out in "clumps" rather than single hairs, and can be managed with daily brushing.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 04:38 AM 06-06-2009
Originally Posted by fissure:
Talk to Buzzman, he runs a kennel and has a few GS as his own pets.
He breeds them too I think.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 04:45 AM 06-06-2009
Having just gone through the "getting a puppy" excitement that you are now I know where you are at!! That's a great looking dog!! As I sit here now with my new pup at my feet, enjoying a cigar, I know you'll be happy!! Don't let the initial struggles get you down! Train him well and you have a friend for life!
[Reply]
Steve 06:57 AM 06-06-2009
Originally Posted by RHNewfie:
Having just gone through the "getting a puppy" excitement that you are now I know where you are at!! That's a great looking dog!! As I sit here now with my new pup at my feet, enjoying a cigar, I know you'll be happy!! Don't let the initial struggles get you down! Train him well and you have a friend for life!
x2!

I don't have a GS (mine's a Boxer) but with any dog plan on spending LOTS of time and energy with it. Especially when it's young. The more time, the more"balanced" it will be. Our Boxer just turned a 14 months and the time and training is finally starting to pay off.

He loves to go out and hang on the deck while I smoke. Last night I thought he was gonna bring me my ashtray :-).
[Reply]
pmwz 09:24 AM 06-06-2009
we had a german shepard mix and it was a great dog. German shepards,malinous Rhodesian ridgeback are probably my favorite breeds.
Its pretty hard to correct their behaviour when they are older so train/socialize them when they are young. Get them used to all kinds of situations/noises. the selection of the puppy can be really important (if you want to train them as a protection dog...)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up