Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Just got back from my cruise
icantbejon 09:01 AM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
I say the picture of the ship is from 7 mile beach? Am I right???
You would be correct. Was there a prize for this guess?
[Reply]
tobii3 09:26 AM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Feel free Sir, I have no excuses left. :-)
hee hee hee......

[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 09:41 AM 01-23-2009
Mayday!!!!!!! Jon's gonna have to call on the coast guard for help! HA!
[Reply]
mrreindeer 11:14 AM 01-23-2009
We also stopped at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, which was a good time. Obviously we got margaritas....
Welcome back & glad to hear you had a great time! I can't see pics here unfortunately....was that Margaritaville in Ocho Rios?
[Reply]
Cigary 11:50 AM 01-23-2009
I can see by those huge smiles that you had a mediocre time? You can't beat the balcony on these cruises and wait til you experience a suite,,,you will never be the same again. Glad you had a great time and now you're hooked!
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:04 PM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Welcome back & glad to hear you had a great time! I can't see pics here unfortunately....was that Margaritaville in Ocho Rios?
No, it was the one in Georgetown in the Cayman Islands. We saw the one in Ocho Rios though. On the whole, we were not blown away with Jamaica so we didn't really explore much.
[Reply]
acruce 08:07 PM 01-23-2009
Awesome, looks like you guys a had a good time.
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:34 PM 01-23-2009
It was seriously a great, relaxing time. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed myself as much. I wouldn't even do the excursions next time. I'd just chill at the beaches and do my own thing when there. It was fantastic.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:50 PM 01-23-2009
You would be correct. Was there a prize for this guess?
Ha ha ha, I guess nothing. I am driving by there every day, we just opened up a new business here and I drive by that spot a couple times a day.

Glad you had fun - you make a beautiful couple. Where did you pick up your sticks - LCDH?
[Reply]
icantbejon 05:52 AM 01-24-2009
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Where did you pick up your sticks - LCDH?
No, unfortunately I wasn't able to find LCDH. I had heard to go there, but I didn't know where to look. I found one called Blackbeards, right next to Margaritaville. Ever stopped in there? Did I get scammed?
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 06:03 PM 01-25-2009
No, unfortunately I wasn't able to find LCDH. I had heard to go there, but I didn't know where to look. I found one called Blackbeards, right next to Margaritaville. Ever stopped in there? Did I get scammed?
I have been into Blackbeard's and another called Churchill´s before. I wouldn´t say scammed, smoke them and if you enjoy then they are probably okay. At the LCDH they are very well kept and 100% Cuban.

I will swing by tomorrow and double check Blackbeard's for you tomorrow.

The LCDH is between the North and South tender docks on the opposite side of the street. They have a sandwich board sign in front and a couple short wooden Indians.

I believe its the nicest in the Caribbean but thats just my opinion.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 05:54 PM 02-07-2009
I forgot to get back to you, my apologies. I got back home just a couple days ago.

I do not think you were "scammed" at Blackbeard's...

They do carry CC's, they actually get them from the same distributor as LCDH but they also have a variety of NC's and cigars made right there in the shop with "Caribbean Leaf".

I do not think they take the same care as the good folks at LCDH. If you go again - standing in front of Margaritaville with the sea to your back, you walk to your right 1.5 blocks to get to the LCDH.

Incredible group of people, knowledgable and friendly.

Travis
[Reply]
karmaz00 01:50 PM 02-08-2009
great pics. thanks for sharing
[Reply]
jonharky 02:14 PM 02-08-2009
Damn...I'm jealous its been 2 years now since my last cruise right before I got divorced. One day...One day
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up