Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arturo Fuente Hemingway Best Seller
FriskyDingo 02:58 PM 01-20-2009

Appearance & Construction

The tobacco used consists of an African Cameroon wrapper, and a secret blend of Dominican tobacco for the filler and binder. The construction was excellent. I did however, find a patch with glue hidden under the cigar band once I slid the band off. The pre-light draw felt just right with a slight resistance after clipping the cigar with a V-cutter I borrowed at my local shop.

Nose & Taste

The flavor of the draw was of a sweetness, almost like honey along with a slight spice. I couldn’t detect much more. Upon lighting the cigar, you really get the sweetness from the Cameroon wrapper. Once you get past the nipple of the cigar, the draw opens up a bit more. The initial flavors were those from the pre-light draw. Mostly sweetness with a bit of spice and a cedar base. The halfway point let the spice and some of the sweetness fall into the background while the cedar taste became dominant. I began to pick up some leather at this point that continued throughout the final third of the cigar along with the cedar flavor.

Final Notes

The Hemingway Best Seller is a very nice cigar with classic Cameroon flavors. The cigar really opens up once you hit the bulge. The construction was perfect, minus the patch neatly hidden away under the band, and the burn wavered just slightly but did not require any touch-ups. The Best Seller is easily a recommended cigar to try.

Score: 3.5 out of 5 Stars
Overall Smoking Time: ~1 hour at local cigar shop

Another review from kfish and myself over at HOOSIERHERFERS.COM
[Reply]
Killjoy 03:00 PM 01-20-2009
Nice review, I dont think I have ever had one...are the different from the short story?
[Reply]
Scottw 03:14 PM 01-20-2009
Nice review, I have had the short story as well, how does it compare?
[Reply]
zmancbr 03:21 PM 01-20-2009
Nice review thanks!

Originally Posted by Scottw:
Nice review, I have had the short story as well, how does it compare?
Originally Posted by Killjoy:
Nice review, I dont think I have ever had one...are the different from the short story?
As for comparisons to the Short Story... I find the best seller to be a bit stronger on tobacco taste and not quite as sweet as the short story...

If I had to choose between the two I would pick the Short Story over the Best seller...
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 03:35 PM 01-20-2009
Thanks for the review.

Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Nice review thanks!

As for comparisons to the Short Story... I find the best seller to be a bit stronger on tobacco taste and not quite as sweet as the short story...

If I had to choose between the two I would pick the Short Story over the Best seller...
And thanks for the 411.
[Reply]
Killjoy 03:38 PM 01-20-2009
I think I just founf my next Casa Fuente smoke
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 09:16 PM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
:-) +1 for the Short Story over the Best Seller if I was given the choice.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:21 PM 01-20-2009
Thanks for the good review. It looks very tasty.
[Reply]
Cigary 07:35 AM 01-21-2009
Both are good smokes,,,I am a Fuente and RP guy. The Short Story has more "taste" to it like the Masterpiece. This is making me crave one now.
[Reply]
adampc22 07:44 AM 01-21-2009
looks like a very nice cigar mate
[Reply]
smokepuff 09:24 AM 05-17-2011
Smoke one last night thanks to Eric for the first time. :-)
Very nice flavorful mild cigar that I enjoyed, especially the spiciness mix with the woody flavor.
I will be getting a few more of these to keep in my coolidor.

Nice review BOTL :-)
[Reply]
stoogie007 02:56 AM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo:
:-) +1 for the Short Story over the Best Seller if I was given the choice.
+2 re short story, but both are great IMHO
[Reply]
Up