Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Quit Smoking
piperman 02:14 PM 01-20-2009
Hey, how many of you smoke cigarettes, well I just quit last week and boy you can really taste a cigar after doing so,and to think all those years I thought a cigar tasted good. Try and quit for your health and the taste of the cigar.:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 02:23 PM 01-20-2009
I'm about to make the attempt. It's partially what got me into cigars. It's just been too damn cold to enjoy a cigar very often.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:27 PM 01-20-2009
I smoked cigarettes when I was younger, but I stopped way before I started on cigars so I don't know the influence that smoking cigarettes has on your palate.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 02:56 PM 01-20-2009
They sure do.

Hang in there Bro! It gets easier with time. I quit 3 years ago and I'm still thankful on a daily basis.

Congrats!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:03 PM 01-20-2009
Congratulations! Keep on with it.
[Reply]
Chompers 03:09 PM 01-20-2009
I quit for 4 months a while ago. That's what got me to smoke cigars..
I was cravvy some nicotine so I went out and bought some cigars and the taste was amazing, been buying them ever since. But then I got smashed on night and bought a pack. I recently gave them up except on weekends.

But yea, I agree, you can really take the cigar after you stop smoking!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:44 PM 01-20-2009
I enjoy my cigars so much more since I quit smoking. I get to celebrate my one year anniversary since my last cigarette this coming May 21 by herfing with the Tulip Twins and the G'ville crew!!!
[Reply]
joetownhound 03:51 PM 01-20-2009
I quit over three years ago, but only been smoking cigars for about 9 months. I tell you one thing cigars taste a lot better. Keep up the good work on your quiting. I did it by only quiting for a day only than expanding to another day.:-)
[Reply]
BigFrank 04:06 PM 01-20-2009
I smoked for a brief period of time and hated it.
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:15 AM 01-21-2009
Do not falter. If I can,YOU can too :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:18 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I'm about to make the attempt. It's partially what got me into cigars. It's just been too damn cold to enjoy a cigar very often.
If smoking cigars in your house is the only way for you kick cig's, then it is a small price to pay.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:19 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
If smoking cigars in your house is the only way for you kick cig's, then it is a small price to pay.
My wife's expecting, so I don't think I can get away with that. We're looking at houses now though, and I've already made it known that there will be a man cave. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:10 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
My wife's expecting, so I don't think I can get away with that. We're looking at houses now though, and I've already made it known that there will be a man cave. :-)
It amazes me how many don't smoke in their own homes. It's like you pay for the house, yet can't do one of the most basic things in it. What happened to the old days of glass of port or cognac and cigars after dinner? Have you all forgot about this?

Our girlfriends/wives would just go in the other room or finish cleaning the kitchen...
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:52 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
It amazes me how many don't smoke in their own homes. It's like you pay for the house, yet can't do one of the most basic things in it. What happened to the old days of glass of port or cognac and cigars after dinner? Have you all forgot about this?

Our girlfriends/wives would just go in the other room or finish cleaning the kitchen...
Now now...

If I chose to smoke in my home,I would.
I prefer not to have my home smell of stale smoke so I smoke in my nice warm garage. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:58 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Now now...

If I chose to smoke in my home,I would.
I prefer not to have my home smell of stale smoke so I smoke in my nice warm garage. :-)
Stale shmale... I will not be relegated to the cellar, garage or any after-thought room in my own house. I'd rather deal with the stale smoke should there be any. Even at my parents' house, I'll smoke in the livingroom! Our family is still living in the 50's though; Percalator coffee and all...
[Reply]
Dgar 10:39 AM 01-21-2009
Piperman congrats on putting down the cigs, I put them down about 5 months ago and I'm so glad I did.

I'm not sure if the cigars are testing better or not, but I do know I'm smoking more cigars than I used to.
[Reply]
GrtndpwrflOZ 10:45 AM 01-21-2009
Nobody likes a quitter
[Reply]
piperman 10:52 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by GrtndpwrflOZ:
Nobody likes a quitter

I knew someone would say that.
[Reply]
Up