Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>NFC Championship Game Cardinals vs. Eagles
blugill 08:31 AM 01-18-2009
Really hoping the Cardinals win this one. Count me among the people who just really don't like the Eagles.

Westbrook is really the only superstar they have. McNabb is erratic most of the time. Superstar to being benched....sometimes he can do that in the same game. Granted he has no top flight receivers.

I like Kurt Warner and I like his receivers. The defense is stepping up and might be able to handle Westbrook and force McNabb to beat them.
[Reply]
PitmanGeek 08:51 AM 01-18-2009
I try not to be optimistic (I'm an Eagles/Phillies/Flyers fan), but I think the Eagles roll today. Overall, the Eagles are a much more complete team than anything the Cards have faced so far in the playoffs.

If you've been watching the Eagles the past 3 months, it has nothing to do with McNabb or Westbrook, it's all about the D. The last receiver who caught a TD pass on the Eagles was Fitzgerald and that was Thanksgiving day in a loss.
[Reply]
massphatness 09:04 AM 01-18-2009
Having grown up a stones throw from the Carrier Dome, I have a soft spot in my heart for McNabb. I'd like to see him get a ring. He gets an unfairly harsh rap at times. He's no Brady, but people talk about him like he's Ryan Leaf.
[Reply]
acruce 01:22 PM 01-18-2009
I'm Hoping the Cardinals go all they way.
[Reply]
dunng 01:25 PM 01-18-2009
I'm watching it now, but don't have a favorite in it anymore... :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:34 PM 01-18-2009
All I know is that Larry Fitzgerald is an absolute player. The Cardinals are looking solid on offense, but they better figure out how to slow down the Eagles offense too. :-)

Side note: Arizona's kicking game is trash right now. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 04:29 PM 01-18-2009
Fun game, glad the Cards won (can't stand them Eagles).
[Reply]
yourchoice 04:34 PM 01-18-2009
Well....****!

That game epitomized the Eagle's season. Start out shaky. Get in a major funk midway through. Bounce back and show signs of being a very good team. Come up a bit short in the end. Man, it's frustrating.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 04:36 PM 01-18-2009
My MVP vote was for Kurt Warner, I believe he accomplished more with less than Manning or Collins and he proved that he was the better of the three today. Nothing to root for in Detroit so...Go Cards!!!
[Reply]
Bruzee 04:39 PM 01-18-2009
I really wanted McNabb to hoist a Lombardi Trophy sometime in his career. Looks as thought it will have to be somewhere else. I'm a Cards fan for the Superbowl now.
[Reply]
AD720 04:49 PM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Well....****!

That game epitomized the Eagle's season. Start out shaky. Get in a major funk midway through. Bounce back and show signs of being a very good team. Come up a bit short in the end. Man, it's frustrating.
That was a tough one.
[Reply]
King James 04:52 PM 01-18-2009
Glad the Cardinals won.... Superbowl bound
[Reply]
hotreds 04:53 PM 01-18-2009
A very good game. Didn't really care who won, but it held my interest.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:18 PM 01-18-2009
gotta love it :-)
[Reply]
floydp 05:53 PM 01-18-2009
The Cards in the big one. Sounds odd to even think, let alone be true. A strange season indeed.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 06:13 PM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by floydp:
The Cards in the big one. Sounds odd to even think, let alone be true. A strange season indeed.
Yea, I would never have foreseen Kurt making this kind of run 7 years ago.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:15 PM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Yea, I would never have foreseen Kurt making this kind of run 7 years ago.
I don't care for Kurt, but woo-hoo
[Reply]
acruce 08:20 PM 01-18-2009
:-):-)
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Fun game, glad the Cards won (can't stand them Eagles).

[Reply]
kgoings 10:00 PM 01-18-2009
Great game! The 3rd quarter had me scared! I might be driving to Tampa! WOOHOO!
[Reply]
blugill 07:18 AM 01-19-2009
Now if the Cubs ever win a world series....LOL!

Actually my coworker is a big Cubs fan so that makes me a antiCub fan. I haven't really followed baseball since the strike but I do catch a couple of games here and there.
[Reply]
Up