Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Taken--Advance Preview
LkyLindy 09:27 AM 01-17-2009
Got a sneak preview copy of Taken

Pure adrenaline revenge flick that is very satisfying

About a guys daughter and her friend who are in France and are "taken" into the white slave/postitution industry

Turns out good old Dad is an ex-everything and he is pissed!!

Body count is totally unrealistic and Liam Neeson is a wee bit overthehill for what he accomplishes

But think Hard to Kill meets Deathwish and you get the idea

I was smoking a Vsg sorcerer (churchill) while watching and I nubbed that baby from sheer edge of your seat action (this guy gives you 1 chance to answer and that goes for women too--no BS with long speeches-sweet)

I recommend this flick to you guys that will do anything to get your family back if they are "Taken"
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:36 PM 01-17-2009
I saw this a month or two ago and I agree, it is a good action movie. I liked it.
[Reply]
barbourjay 02:03 PM 01-17-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I saw this a month or two ago and I agree, it is a good action movie. I liked it.
same here, i kinda laughed when i saw the previews for it recently. good flick.
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 02:08 PM 01-17-2009
Happy to hear it was good , Liam Nisson being cast in a role like this always worries me honestly, but glad to hear he carried the character.
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:36 PM 01-17-2009
i really wanna see this!
[Reply]
tobii3 03:18 PM 01-17-2009
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper:
...Liam Nisson being cast in a role like this always worries me honestly
Really?? He's one of the few Actors that I think brings life to a film, versus being just IN the film...think Tom Cruise, et al....
[Reply]
LkyLindy 11:56 AM 01-28-2009
Finally coming to the big screen
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 11:59 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Really?? He's one of the few Actors that I think brings life to a film, versus being just IN the film...think Tom Cruise, et al....
I like him and his acting, I think he can do action pretty well, his voice is just ... I don't think his vocals are on par.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, he just seems, calm and proper even when being shot at or mid argument (when character is stressed).
[Reply]
zmancbr 12:46 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper:

Don't get me wrong, I like him, he just seems, calm and proper even when being shot at or mid argument (when character is stressed).

That was my main concern as well... glad to hear this is worth seeing though cuz it looked pretty good...
[Reply]
Up