Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Freeing up a tight draw
Mr Edmundo 04:46 PM 01-15-2009
With the wealth of information I've gleaned off this and the other site, I haven't seen anything on this.
You can free up the draw on a tight drawing cigar by rolling it gently between your thumb and forefinger. I've done this a few times recently and it worked rather well. Each time I've done it, I've smoked about one third to half of the cigar before I attempted it. The heat and the nicotine seem to moisten up the end so rolling it this way doesn't damage it. Or so it seems in my experience. The result is a much looser draw and a more enjoyable end to the cigar. This brought back memories from years ago, when I used to do it, but have forgotten about it.
I know it would be difficult to recommend doing this because of the risk of damaging the cigar. But in the few times I've recently tried it, I was well into the cigar and had nothing to loose since it was tight anyway. But it worked well.
Does everybody/anybody do this?
The newb in me has to know!
[Reply]
Blueface 04:51 PM 01-15-2009
I do it quite often.
Just have to be sure to wait for the cigar to warm up a bit so there is no chance of cracking the wrapper.
However, sometimes, even after that, a Henry's tool is needed and at times, even after that, they are destined to go flying into the lake behind my house and I just grab another one and start all over again.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 04:53 PM 01-15-2009
Been there...done that. It saved me a few cigars, but other times it didn't. Its definately worth trying before pitching your cigar!
[Reply]
butterB 12:16 AM 01-16-2009
I, as well, do it. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it clogs right back up after a few puffs. Then there are the hopeless smokes that Blueface is talking about. Plugged cigars suck.
[Reply]
Up