Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>I have a bounty on...
Volt 01:47 PM 01-10-2009
Ok I was gifted this week a discontinued Olivia O Bold by Jon (JK5). What an amazing cigar. Last production was 2003. A few descriptive words are WOW, outstanding, incredible..... You get the point. Abosolutly smooth and silky, with a sweet, watery texture to the mouth. A bit woodsy here and there.

The burn was razor sharp and teh wrap was a very smooth and clean looking dark brown. The cloth red and gold trim screamed high class (I love a good looking band).

So, if in your travels you stumble ocross some of these, I am looking. Call me, buy a few I'll cover them, etc. My only regret is that I didn't smoke this at a herf, great PPP stick. Thanks again Jon for a great smoke. A top 5 for me.

[Reply]
lenguamor 01:58 PM 01-10-2009
Papajohn67 (John) is a great resource for info on Olivas.
[Reply]
mikeandshellie2 02:02 PM 01-10-2009
I love the look of the old silk band oliva's.
Shellie
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:11 PM 01-10-2009
John is a great gifter. He's shared quite a few delicious sticks with me in the past and I look forward to draining him completely of quality smokes when I move up to VA. The cigar looks outstanding. I recall him talking about those. Glad you enjoyed the smoke Mike.
[Reply]
warpedcigars 03:37 PM 01-10-2009
Really, those stopped being produced in 03? I believe one my local B&Ms has almost a full box of them. I have 5 myself.
[Reply]
Volt 03:51 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by warpedcigars:
Really, those stopped being produced in 03? I believe one my local B&Ms has almost a full box of them. I have 5 myself.
Hmmm if they have they cloth band and you happen to confirm this. Can you get a price check on aisle 4?
[Reply]
jechelman 04:07 PM 01-10-2009
I love those old Oliva Bolds, especially the Ole. I picked up a box of the Bold Oasis a year or so ago from Bonita Smoke Shop. They still list the Bold Omni (6x46) for sale. Check out:

http://www.bonitasmokeshop.com/Oliva%20Cigars.htm

Frank
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 04:17 PM 01-10-2009
Same here.. I'll buy more if they are there.. I'm sure Mike (Volt) would love to split it with me. If they do have those cloth bands buy them please!!!! The last production in 03 came right from Jose Oliva, I e-mailed the company and thats the response i got. Produced in 01-03.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I always feel i bring inferior sticks to herfs, glad you enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Volt 05:10 PM 01-10-2009
Woot! Looks like Shellie also found a potential souce for them. Time to make a few calls. JK5, you have a PM.
[Reply]
warpedcigars 05:46 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Hmmm if they have they cloth band and you happen to confirm this. Can you get a price check on aisle 4?
Yes, they have the red and gold cloth band. I have 5 of them in one of my cabinets. Ill head over tomorrow, check the price.
[Reply]
BengalMan 07:09 PM 01-10-2009
There was also a short run of the O Bold's with a red paper band, same blend, were manufactured after we ran out of the cloth ones.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:40 AM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
There was also a short run of the O Bold's with a red paper band, same blend, were manufactured after we ran out of the cloth ones.
I think I have a box of those in my humidor.
[Reply]
Volt 04:58 AM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Either that was a steller cigar to begin with, time made a good cigar great, or time just made a great cigar even better, but this was one of the best 5 smoke I have ever torched.

I know there is an "O" produced today and I have had one, no comparison. Is it the same cigar or did the leaves change, bands, etc?
[Reply]
BlackIrish 08:58 AM 01-11-2009
Pretty sure I've got a box of these tucked away. If so, I'll PM you.

BlackIrish
[Reply]
groogs 01:13 PM 02-28-2009
I just found two boxes of O Bold Ole's at my local B&M. I am not sure if they are the cloth band or not because the boxes are still in celo. They are asking $109 per box, is that a good price?
[Reply]
The Saint 01:26 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by groogs:
I just found two boxes of O Bold Ole's at my local B&M. I am not sure if they are the cloth band or not because the boxes are still in celo. They are asking $109 per box, is that a good price?
If the box is a kind of tiger striped red and black, then I think they are the cloth band. As far as the price goes, just remember they are aged cigar...and a tasty one at that, I would tell you to go for it. I would also try to talk him down a bit, may be offer him $190 for both, who knows maybe he'll bite and you can save a couple of bucks and get a great smoke in the deal.
[Reply]
taltos 03:02 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by groogs:
Check Bonita Smoke Shop for the Omni's, 6 x 46. Paper bands but the right cigar and the right price.:-)
[Reply]
Up