Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cigar Aficionado Top 25 #1
Ratters 05:37 PM 02-16-2009
Have you watched how they do their reviews? They leave the second half of the stick in the ashtray. How do you enjoy a stick when you miss the best part? I enjoyed the Casa Magna, but it's just a decent stick, nothing remarkable about them at all.
[Reply]
vudu9 07:13 PM 02-16-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Have you watched how they do their reviews? They leave the second half of the stick in the ashtray. How do you enjoy a stick when you miss the best part? I enjoyed the Casa Magna, but it's just a decent stick, nothing remarkable about them at all.

Oh, sweet. You saw the ashtray at the end of the vid eh?! :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 07:22 PM 02-16-2009
Yeah, I thought that was crazy. Some sticks don't even get good till the second half. And some change all the way down and you miss so much at the nub. But eh, that's why I and most I know take their reviews with a grain of salt. :-)
[Reply]
TomHagen 08:30 PM 02-16-2009
[quote=Ratters;238771]Have you watched how they do their reviews? They leave the second half of the stick in the ashtray. How do you enjoy a stick when you miss the best part? [quote]

I was shocked when I saw that. What kind of AFICIONADO smokes like that?

Reminds me of the Castro story, when a fellow Cuban gave him his best smokes and was appalled that Castro only smoke 1/3 of each one and tossed it.

I remember seeing James Suckling canoeing every cigar he smoked in one of his Cuba-blog videos... :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up