Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>I need a new color
Don Fernando 12:33 AM 08-29-2024
It's time for me to ask the ToE to give me a green name.

even though I have been part of the industry for a long time, working as a cigar rep in The Netherlands, writing for a Dutch cigar website, owning MinistryofCigars.com and up to last month, importing and distributing cigars here in Singapore, I have never 'officially' been a part of the industry here on Cigar Asylum, with the 'green' name which makes it easy for other members to see that they are dealing with an industry insider as I wasn't representing a specific brand.

But now I do, I accepted the role of VP Business Development APAC/MENA for LOFB cigars, a new cigar brand with a focus on men's mental health. And since I represent one brand only, it's time to change my name to green :-)

Even though the USA is not my market, I will be coming to PCA in April next year, if anyone from Cigar Asylum is going, come say hi. Oh, and of course, support our mission by grabbing some of our cigars from your favorite retailer or from the big online guys.

Originally Posted by :
League of Fat Bastards (LOFB) Cigars is thrilled to announce the appointment of Ferdinand Piet as Vice President of Business Development for the APAC and MENA regions. With nearly two decades of experience in the cigar industry, Piet brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise that will be instrumental in driving LOFB’s expansion into these critical markets. Piet’s background includes his role as a blogger for the Dutch website Sigarenliefhebber and as the founder of Ministryofcigars.com. His sales experience spans Europe and Asia, and he played a role in the launch of the renowned Cigaragua shop in Amsterdam.

Reflecting on his new role, Piet shared, “When I met Adam Levine, the founder of LOFB, and Tony Coughlan, the CEO for APAC & MENA, I was immediately drawn to their vision and mission. After experiencing the LOFB Serie L, I knew I wanted to be part of this journey. Through my network, I’ve already opened several doors for LOFB, which led to Adam offering me this position. I am honoured to join the League and look forward to furthering our mission, one cigar at a time.”

Piet’s extensive industry experience and connections are expected to be pivotal in advancing LOFB’s mission of raising awareness and funds for men’s mental health while also redefining masculinity through the enjoyment of premium cigars. LOFB founder Adam Levine commented, “Ferdinand’s efforts in introducing our cigars to Singapore and other countries have been invaluable. His expertise and genuine commitment to our mission made it clear that he would be a great addition to the LOFB family. We are excited to have him on board and look forward to the contributions he’ll make.”

Additionally, LOFB Cigars has appointed Guillermo Alvarez as its Sales Manager for Texas. Alvarez, who began his career at Casa Turrent and later joined Kristoff Cigars, most recently served as the Director of Sales and Marketing at Visol Products. In his new role at LOFB, Alvarez will focus on expanding the brand’s presence and strengthening relationships with retailers across Texas.

Adam Levine expressed his enthusiasm for Alvarez’s appointment, stating, “We are delighted to welcome Guillermo to the LOFB family. His extensive experience and passion for the cigar industry perfectly align with our commitment to supporting men’s mental health through exceptional cigars. We are confident that Guillermo will play a key role in driving our growth in Texas.”

Alvarez added, “I am excited to join the League of Fat Bastards, a brand that stands out for its unique mission and dedication to quality. I look forward to working with our retail partners to bring these exceptional cigars to more customers across Texas.”

LOFB Cigars, launched earlier this year, is dedicated to making a positive impact by donating 40% of net profits to support men’s mental health initiatives.
https://www.cigarinspector.com/news/...s-development/
[Reply]
icehog3 07:21 AM 08-29-2024
Congrats and much success in the new gig, Ferdie. I'll make you green right now if I can remember how. :-) :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:12 AM 08-29-2024
Congrats and best of luck at your new position, Ferdie!
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:51 AM 08-29-2024
Good luck Ferdinand!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:15 AM 08-29-2024
Congrat's!!!
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:43 AM 08-29-2024
My heartiest congratulations Ferdie! I love the LOFB name. Sounds like you're doing well. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:31 PM 08-29-2024
Thank you all
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 02:27 PM 08-29-2024
Congrats Ferdie! BTW, Living Colour is playing by me on 9/26. Planning to go.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:15 AM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Congrats Ferdie! BTW, Living Colour is playing by me on 9/26. Planning to go.
Jealous, because I moved to Singapore I have not been able to see them for over 6 years. Hopefully they play somewhere not to far from New Orleans a few days before or after PCA, then I just extend my stay and go see them
[Reply]
longknocker 05:51 AM 08-30-2024
Congrats, Ferdie!:-):-)
[Reply]
Up