Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Favorite Kristoff?
RevSmoke 04:36 PM 01-30-2019
Do you have a favorite Kristoff blend? I know everybody's taste vary, but it has been a while since I had a Kristoff. Wonder about y'alls thoughts on the Cameroon, Maduro, and Sumatra lines.

I seem to remember that I enjoyed the maduro more than the ligero maduro, but not sure I ever had the cameroon.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:55 PM 01-30-2019
Don't they have a San Andres? I think a B&M store owner convinced me to try one last summer and I remember it being really quite good...if it was in fact a Kristoff.
I know I've tried their Criollo (I love Criollo blends) and it was great but I think I still prefer the Camacho Criollo to theirs...
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 05:08 PM 01-30-2019
Hate to be a downer, but I bought a sampler once and decided they were big, spongy dog rockets. YMMV.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 05:28 PM 01-30-2019
Well I wouldn't say they were as good as high end Fuente stuff for example, but I really did like the San Andres, enough that I remember liking smoking it anyway :-)
[Reply]
dave 05:49 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
Hate to be a downer, but I bought a sampler once and decided they were big, spongy dog rockets. YMMV.
Lol...pretty good description. I liked the ligero criollo ok as a yard gar when I got them for 3 per on auctions. No others that I enjoyed much
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:02 PM 01-30-2019
I remember when these first came out, my local H&M’s were really trying to push them.

Not bad of a cigar but a tad one dimensional but to me ncs are almost all one dimensional.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:11 AM 01-31-2019
I don't think I've ever smoked one before. I am sure I would like them better than the Carlos Toranos.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:29 PM 01-31-2019
Really enjoy the Kristoff Maduro Matador. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:42 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Really enjoy the Kristoff Maduro Matador. :-) :-) :-)
Shocking, Mac! :-)
[Reply]
oldforge 07:24 AM 02-02-2019
I have tried almost all of them.

While normally I prefer maduros in this case the Habano wrapper is a better match for the Kristoff taste profile (and worth a try).

The Pistoff is much milder than the name suggests, and is just ok.

The Criollo is a dud imho.

Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Do you have a favorite Kristoff blend?

[Reply]
Up