Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>CA BOTL's are not too bright...
badbriar 11:35 AM 11-14-2015
With the size of the membership here on CA, we are not very bright.
The most recent GB for cigar shirts had to be cancelled for apparent lack of interest. Seriously??? We all collectively missed a good opportunity to not only get more cool and unique shirts, but also an opportunity to raise funds for the troops. Only needed 50 total shirts for the order and could not make that. Had planned to include a shirt in the November auction, but needed to switch to cigars since the order was cancelled.
If we are fortunate enough for this to come back up, I'll order a couple extra to put in the next support the troops auction. If we get a few more to do this, we got our 50. Everybody wins!
The preceeding rambling comments and opinions, however irrational, are strictly on the record and my own :-)
:-)
markem 11:40 AM 11-14-2015
Thank you for judging us exclusively on the collective willingness to purchase cigar apparel at this time.
Remo 12:05 PM 11-14-2015
Still love ya Rob :-)
Tio Gato 12:30 PM 11-14-2015
It's my fault. I saw it too late but I would have bought. Really I would!:-)
But I ain't too bright, my Mama dropped me on my head:-)
badbriar 12:49 PM 11-14-2015
Originally Posted by markem:
Thank you for judging us exclusively on the collective willingness to purchase cigar apparel at this time.
More than welcome! :-)
MarkinAZ 01:58 PM 11-14-2015
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
It's my fault. I saw it too late but I would have bought. Really I would!:-)
But I ain't too bright, my Mama dropped me on my head:-)

I was dropped twice on my head by my dad Jeff, and I think it was intentional:-)
icehog3 12:35 AM 11-15-2015
While I was signed up for a couple, I already have great MC hoodies, long and short sleeved shirts, as well as PL shirts from previous GBs generously run by Jamie.

That being said:

Lots of people (like me) already have lots of these shirts
The Holidays are coming up
Some people are having tough times financially
Some people aren't interested

Those things don't make people "not too bright". I think your call out, while maybe well intentioned, is way off base. :-)
massphatness 06:34 AM 11-15-2015
I'm a cotton-headed ninny muggins
Posted via Mobile Device
Porch Dweller 06:57 AM 11-15-2015
I guess I'm not too bright because I didn't even know there was a GB going on.
hotreds 08:03 AM 11-15-2015
I'm not too bright because I'm not too bright.
Chainsaw13 08:14 AM 11-15-2015
Good thing I'm not in Cali.
T.G 09:27 AM 11-15-2015
Guys, please everyone take a step back before this thread gets nasty. We should all be better than that.

Rob, you have been a great contributor to supporting the troops over the years, you've sent in many great donations multiple times per year, the troops have been very grateful, as have I, for your generosity. But, as Tom said, not everyone can afford to donate or buy a shirt or might not even want a shirt. it's ok. Other people donate in other ways, and Hugh and I are both very appreciative of this too.

Please everyone remember what the auctions and donations are about. It's not about bragging rights or status, it's about showing that people do still care about the sacrifices that the deployed troops endure and making things a bit more comfortable for them over there.

Thanks to everyone that has helped out.
The Poet 09:35 AM 11-15-2015
I am so bright my mother called me sun.
markem 09:42 AM 11-15-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I am so bright my mother called me sun.
and your future is so bright that you have to wear shades.
hotreds 10:07 AM 11-15-2015
Originally Posted by T.G:
Guys, please everyone take a step back before this thread gets nasty. We should all be better than that.

Rob, you have been a great contributor to supporting the troops over the years, you've sent in many great donations multiple times per year, the troops have been very grateful, as have I, for your generosity. But, as Tom said, not everyone can afford to donate or buy a shirt or might not even want a shirt. it's ok. Other people donate in other ways, and Hugh and I are both very appreciative of this too.

Please everyone remember what the auctions and donations are about. It's not about bragging rights or status, it's about showing that people do still care about the sacrifices that the deployed troops endure and making things a bit more comfortable for them over there.

Thanks to everyone that has helped out.
CigarNut 10:10 AM 11-15-2015
It's almost kickoff time!! :-)
Remo 10:25 AM 11-15-2015
I vote to lock this one up.
icehog3 10:28 AM 11-15-2015
I vote it should have never been started.
Remo 10:29 AM 11-15-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I vote it should have never been started.
You win :-)
Up