Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>FedEx - We'll deliver when we want to.
ucla695 01:10 PM 12-29-2008
Wow, I’m sorry to hear about everybody’s problems with FedEx. Generally, I’ve had good experiences with them. I’ll be more mindful of using them in the future. BTW, USPS is great!!
[Reply]
MikeyC 04:10 PM 12-29-2008
UPDATE:

I did finally get my package Saturday at 3 PM even though I shipped it "guaranteed" delivery by 10:30 AM on Friday. It took a lot of prodding to get them to find my package and I certainly got the run around on several occasions. I'm going to call and see if I can get the shipping charge refunded to my account.
[Reply]
macpappy 06:25 PM 12-29-2008
at least you got yours
[Reply]
SeanGAR 06:59 PM 12-29-2008
FEDEX ... when it just has to be stolen overnight.
[Reply]
forgop 07:20 PM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by macpappy:
It's called being depressed because Fedex didn't do the job it was paid to do.
Request your refund and move on. That's all you can do.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:21 AM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by forgop:
Request your refund and move on. That's all you can do.
NO! I'm not through bit%$ing yet. And besides, the package is now a week late and still not delivered.

A week after the package was supposed to be delivered and surprisingly the Fedex tracking system has started working again. The package has miraculously arrived in Kent, Wa. the distribution facility for the Seattle area. The tracking system says it will be delivered by end of the day.

Just received an email response to my complaint about it not being delivered before now. They apologized for the inconveince but didn't offer an explanation.

However, I actually spoke to a person on Monday who told me that it was possible the package would be delivered on Tuesday but that there was a backlog in the Seattle area because of bad weather they are STILL having and it may be Wednesday before delivery could be made.
[Reply]
MadAl 11:00 AM 12-30-2008
The only package ever "stolen" from my doorstep was a very small one that wouldn't've even kept the stormdoor ajar. We left a release as we both work. It was FedEx.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 11:10 AM 12-30-2008
I just ran into the same problem with Fedex. I sent out a fiver on the 16th to a brother and it finally was delivered on the 27th. :-) They were saying it was a delay out of their control. There was a little bit more snow but that was it. Back to USPS for me.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:12 AM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
I just ran into the same problem with Fedex. I sent out a fiver on the 16th to a brother and it finally was delivered on the 27th. :-) They were saying it was a delay out of their control. There was a little bit more snow but that was it. Back to USPS for me.
Yup....FedEx blows. :-)
[Reply]
Zoomschwortz 11:42 AM 12-30-2008
FedEx has always been a pain for me.

In the past, they have delivered my package to the wrong address. When a replacement was sent a few weeks later, the driver called my house saying he was at my house.

When I looked outside, I couldn't see him in the driveway so I asked him if he could see an address on the house and he read the address to me. It wasn't my address, so I asked him if that was the address on my package and he said it wasn't.

He became very rude when I asked if it was their policy to deliver packages to home addresses that didn't match the address on the package.

The best service I have ever received from them is when they were able to deliver on their 2nd attempt. 3rd attempt delivery is the norm and this is when someone has been at home for each attempt.

The trick to getting 2nd attempt delivery (after finding delivery attempt note on my gate) is to hang a big sign on the gate saying "Attention FedEx, we are at home. Please open the gate and knock on the door."

UPS has had a 100% success rate for me and USPS has only damaged 1 package.

Take care
Ken
[Reply]
Zoomschwortz 11:48 AM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by macpappy:
A week after the package was supposed to be delivered and surprisingly the Fedex tracking system has started working again. The package has miraculously arrived in Kent, Wa. the distribution facility for the Seattle area. The tracking system says it will be delivered by end of the day.
Kent also serves the Pierce County area as well. They have trouble delivering on sunny 70 degree days.

Kent is about an hour from where I live and it will take at least 48 hours from the time of arrival in Kent before making their first attempt at delivery to my home.
[Reply]
macpappy 10:06 AM 12-31-2008
The package was finally delivered yesterday afternoon. Nothing was broken.
Still won't ship with Fedex again.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up