Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>So, who has the best/craziest fans?
markem 05:10 PM 06-26-2015
The Celtics have some fan cred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOHkRk00iI8
[Reply]
icehog3 05:59 PM 06-26-2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBVAeOWTXME
[Reply]
The Poet 06:29 PM 06-26-2015
I question equating "best" with "craziest". For instance, Cubs fans show extreme dedication under adverse circumstances, showing great loyalty which can be considered a good attribute. One could also consider them "crazy" for continuing to allow themselves to be deluded that "next year" might be this year. This could be thought axiomatic of Einstein's definition of insanity. Yet these are two separate attributes of the same fanbase, which I don't feel are synonymous.

That being said, I know of only one fanbase that is universally referred to as Crazies, and they root for Duke.
[Reply]
markem 06:57 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I question equating "best" with "craziest". For instance, Cubs fans show extreme dedication under adverse circumstances, showing great loyalty which can be considered a good attribute. One could also consider them "crazy" for continuing to allow themselves to be deluded that "next year" might be this year. This could be thought axiomatic of Einstein's definition of insanity. Yet these are two separate attributes of the same fanbase, which I don't feel are synonymous.
That's crazy. But I mean it in the best possible way.
[Reply]
The Poet 07:03 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by markem:
That's crazy. But I mean it in the best possible way.
This is the best crazy I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-wJNpWgss8
[Reply]
shilala 10:23 PM 06-26-2015
The Steelers never have to worry about playing away, they always have a home team advantage. The Steeler Nation swamps every stadium, every game.
Then there's the Packer fans. They shovel out their own stadium, and are fiercely loyal.

I think it's a toss-up between the two, and I can't even think of another fan base that comes close.

I do know soccer fans are completely out of their minds, but stompling people at the gate and killing people in the crowd isn't all that sexy.
Take that away, and someone could make an argument.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:56 PM 06-26-2015
https://youtu.be/ukGKZOp7jUQ
[Reply]
T.G 11:26 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBVAeOWTXME
Damn dude, I always thought you were taller.

Decent moves though.
[Reply]
The Poet 08:58 AM 06-27-2015
If we accept Scott's arguments regarding Steeler fans packing away stadiums, then one also needs to credit Yankee fans for the same. When they go on the road, attendance at ballparks they visit are almost always boosted by a significant percentage, for just as there are Yankee-haters everywhere, there are also Yankee fans all over.

You who number yourself in that former group may not like this, but you can't in all good conscious deny it either.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:42 AM 06-27-2015
Blackhawks fans roval the Steeler and Yankee fans this decade. "Let's Go Hawks" chants drown out the home fans in the majority of arenas.
[Reply]
markem 11:06 AM 06-27-2015
Originally Posted by T.G:
Damn dude, I always thought you were taller.
The sleeves tend to make him look shorter.
[Reply]
The Poet 11:23 AM 06-27-2015
FWIW, from Answers.com:

A list of the most merchandise sold by a team for each sport is listed below, judging by overall merchandise since merchandise was being sold.

Basketball: Los Angeles Lakers
Football: Oakland Raiders
Baseball: New York Yankees
Hockey: Pittsburgh Penguins
College Basketball: The University of North Carolina (UNC) Tar Heels
College Football: The University of Southern California (USC) Spartans
[Reply]
pnoon 11:25 AM 06-27-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
FWIW, from Answers.com:

A list of the most merchandise sold by a team for each sport is listed below, judging by overall merchandise since merchandise was being sold.

Basketball: Los Angeles Lakers
Football: Oakland Raiders
Baseball: New York Yankees
Hockey: Pittsburgh Penguins
College Basketball: The University of North Carolina (UNC) Tar Heels
College Football: The University of Southern California (USC) Spartans
The hockey is surprising (to me).
[Reply]
The Poet 11:39 AM 06-27-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
The hockey is surprising (to me).
Yeah, I would have thought Rangers, Bruins, Blackhawks, or even Flyers.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:28 PM 06-27-2015
My guess is that "Answer" is dated, my understanding is the Blackhawks have outsold all hockey teams over the last few years. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:44 PM 06-27-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
My guess is that "Answer" is dated, my understanding is the Blackhawks have outsold all hockey teams over the last few years. :-)
I would disagree, I think they are talking about since team inception, not bandwagon fans over less than a 10 year period. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:16 AM 06-28-2015
Lots of people have jumped on the bandwagon over the last 8 years for sure, Adam.

Just as many have jumped off the Bruins'. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:29 AM 06-28-2015
Celtics pride runs deep!
[Reply]
Up