Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>computer and microsoft office 365 advise
big a 06:26 AM 01-27-2015
Hey guys,

We are looking to upgrade our computers and software at work. I was curious if anyone uses Office 365? The couple people I have talked to seem to have mixed reviews. But i cant get any good reasons other than they just don't like it. We are looking to have all our emails sync with between our computers, ipad and iphones. Anything else out there you might recommend? We are very Word and excel heavy here at work.

The 2nd item is we are looking to upgrade equipment with laptops. Anyone use 365 with a macbook? If not what other lap tops out there would you recommend right now?

thanks,

Andrew
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:36 AM 01-27-2015
We use Office 365 at work and I also have it for home. The one downside for me at work is that our email is now stored offsite (at outlook.com) rather than in our server room downstairs. Sometimes the performance on our LAN is not what it used to be. The plus side is that Outlook Web Access clients (for computers, tablets and phones) work much better.

For home use, we purchased this because as a subscription service I no longer have to deal with the hassle of major upgrades.

We have people at work that use Office on MacBook's but the people I know that are doing this are running it under Windows emulation.

If you like Office and are going to use it for awhile (upgrades and all), then Office 365 is a pretty good deal. Just my :-)
[Reply]
Up