Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Question for the watch guys
TJtorpedo 07:03 PM 08-11-2014
I have a TAG Heuer that my wife bought me on our honeymoon in Bermuda years ago. So far I've had the battery replaced once at an authorized TAG jeweler, and that battery has now run down.

Does it damage the watch if the battery is not replaced in a timely manner? I don't wear it much anymore and was just thinking of storing it as is for the time being. Currently I have the stem (crown) out, thinking that would at least reduce stress on the movement, although its not a wind up watch so it might not make a difference.

I know there's a few high end watch guys here and was looking for some input.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:08 PM 08-11-2014
I have a TAG that I didn't wear for years, the battery died and so I took it in for a replacement, turns out the battery corroded and was all over the inside battery area but thankfully not in the works, cost me about 60 bucks to get it cleaned and a new battery put in. You don't want to let it sit, I would take it in and get it checked.

Edit: I should say it sat for years and when I went to wear it the battery was dead and I took it in.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:27 PM 08-11-2014
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'd rather just take it in and have the battery replaced than have problems along those lines.
[Reply]
Flynnster 07:44 PM 08-11-2014
If you really don't plan to wear it. You can have the old battery taken out so it won't corrode. But at that point, you may as well just have them put a new one in.
[Reply]
Up