Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Fathers Day Plans
Scottw 07:41 PM 06-13-2014
Father's Day plans?
This weekend I will celebrate my son graduating kindergarten and also my 6th Father's Day. To celebrate, I am taking my son away to the cabin as his graduation gift and also my dad will join us to celebrate his 38th Father's Day. I have pipes and cigars picked out and some activities. Friday when we get there, we will be going to the Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota NY (8 miles from the cabin) and then Sylvan Beach for rides. The next day, we are going to Cooperstown to the Baseball Hall of Fame and then to Critz Apple Cider farm. The last day we will spend at Sylvan Beach and Lake Oneida. I hope the "boys weekend" is enjoyed by all.

The cabin

my boy

me and the boss

Happy Fathers Day!
[Reply]
pnoon 07:46 PM 06-13-2014
Sounds like a great weekend.

I'm putting a couple of racks of ribs on the smoker for wife, kids and granddaughter.
Some family time is the best time.
[Reply]
Scottw 07:48 PM 06-13-2014
I agree 100% Peter. Hope you have an excellent day
[Reply]
Dude Here 09:09 PM 06-13-2014
I've got to work :/. Aside from that, not much else. Probably just spend the day with the wife and kiddos.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 01:23 AM 06-14-2014
Originally Posted by Scottw:
The cabin
Scott, the cabin looks like a dream come true. Have a great time!

Originally Posted by pnoon:
I'm putting a couple of racks of ribs on the smoker...
My other dream come true! :-) Hope you have a great one, Peter!
[Reply]
YankeeMan 01:51 AM 06-14-2014
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Father's Day plans?
This weekend I will celebrate my son graduating kindergarten and also my 6th Father's Day. To celebrate, I am taking my son away to the cabin as his graduation gift and also my dad will join us to celebrate his 38th Father's Day. I have pipes and cigars picked out and some activities. Friday when we get there, we will be going to the Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota NY (8 miles from the cabin) and then Sylvan Beach for rides. The next day, we are going to Cooperstown to the Baseball Hall of Fame and then to Critz Apple Cider farm. The last day we will spend at Sylvan Beach and Lake Oneida. I hope the "boys weekend" is enjoyed by all.

The cabin

my boy

me and the boss

Happy Fathers Day!
Love the hats! Enjoy your weekend.
[Reply]
pektel 06:38 AM 06-14-2014
I'm taking my two sons (ages 6 & 3) up to Bemidji State Park to watch a free performance by Paul Imholte. Very talented folk musician. He plays fiddle, mandolin, banjo, and the hammered dulcimer. The hammered dulcimer is the highlight for both myself and my kids.

If you're not familiar with it, here's a short video.

http://youtu.be/kQlLyqF6VrI
[Reply]
dijit 08:30 AM 06-14-2014
Going to celebrate on Monday since I am working on Sunday. Plans are to take dad to his choice for lunch then the pistol range for a little practice.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 08:46 AM 06-14-2014
Planning on enjoying a weekend with family. I will have some time on Saturday to smoke a cigar or two, I think.
[Reply]
Remo 10:01 AM 06-14-2014
Heading to the lake to fish for a few hours in the a.m then hanging with the family.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:42 AM 06-14-2014
Gong to take my 77 year old Dad to dinner after he finishes his 8 hour work day. What a guy. :-) (Him, not me)
[Reply]
hammondc 11:33 AM 06-14-2014
30 mile cycle ride, HD and store with the boy to get some steaks n beer. Cut the grass/smoke cigar/drink PBRs. Get cleaned up........GRILL!!!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:57 PM 06-14-2014
Thinking about walking over to Vista Valencia and play 18 tomorrow morning...

Originally Posted by pnoon:
I'm putting a couple of racks of ribs on the smoker for wife, kids and granddaughter...
Sounds like a good idea Peter. Just deciding if its going to be Tri Tip or do I try something totally different and give some ribs a try?:-)

Yep! Family time is always great...
[Reply]
jledou 05:53 AM 06-15-2014
It was geared up for a day of 10u softball and ribs today but due to the rain last night and this morning it is down to ribs and lounging around the house today.

Happy Father's Day!
[Reply]
longknocker 06:29 AM 06-15-2014
Simple Plans That Make Me Happy!:-) Coffee, Breakfast With The Wife, Enjoy A Nice Cigar, Watch The U.S. Open Golf Tournament. Enjoy A Nice Dinner. Finish The Evening With Another Nice Cigar!:-) Enjoy Your Father's Day, All!:-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:12 AM 06-15-2014
Day 2- Drive to Hilton Head for a short vaycay.
[Reply]
shilala 07:16 AM 06-15-2014
I got to hang out with my daughter all week.
Today it's over to the father-in-law's to hang out with all the other fathers in the family.
[Reply]
Gabe215 07:18 AM 06-15-2014
Down the Jersey Shore since Friday night and going to take my soon to be father in law out to brunch with my Fiancé's large Irish family, driving back home to Philly suburbs and taking my Dad out to dinner around 6:30. As of now I'm waiting to get something "secret" my 4 year old daughter made for me in daycare!
[IMG]Image[/IMG]
[Reply]
G G 07:37 AM 06-15-2014
I am at work for my 24 hour shift until 8 am tomorrow. Celebrated our 17 year anniversary with my wife yesterday so it's all good.:-)
[Reply]
Up