Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Travel to Florida help/ tips
big a 06:30 AM 05-14-2014
Hey Guys,

The wife and I are looking into going to Florida in August. I thought I would see if anyone might have any suggestions. I will have family in Stuart, FL with a place to stay. I have two options we are looking into. My cousin works M-F so I was going to take the first couple days of the week (Tue-Fri) to explore/ be alone before making it to Stuart on Friday. Ideal day would be to do some sight seeing during the day and than grab a couple drinks in the afternoon while not breaking the bank.

- Option 1- fly into Orlando and rent a car so the wife and i can take a couple days exploring before we make it to my cousins. A plus is we can fly direct for the cheapest with this option. Any input on some of the springs in the area? or any nice beaches for adults between Orlando and Stuart? I have been looking at cocoa some.

-Option 2- fly into West Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale and rent a car. from there we could stay in that area or possibly head down to Miami for the couple days. Doesn't Padron have something in the Miami Area :-) ?
[Reply]
Blueface 05:31 PM 05-14-2014
Originally Posted by big a:
Hey Guys,

The wife and I are looking into going to Florida in August. I thought I would see if anyone might have any suggestions. I will have family in Stuart, FL with a place to stay. I have two options we are looking into. My cousin works M-F so I was going to take the first couple days of the week (Tue-Fri) to explore/ be alone before making it to Stuart on Friday. Ideal day would be to do some sight seeing during the day and than grab a couple drinks in the afternoon while not breaking the bank.

- Option 1- fly into Orlando and rent a car so the wife and i can take a couple days exploring before we make it to my cousins. A plus is we can fly direct for the cheapest with this option. Any input on some of the springs in the area? or any nice beaches for adults between Orlando and Stuart? I have been looking at cocoa some.

-Option 2- fly into West Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale and rent a car. from there we could stay in that area or possibly head down to Miami for the couple days. Doesn't Padron have something in the Miami Area :-) ?
For theme park fun, #1.
For more of a beach, South FL experience, #2.
Yes, Padron has their main office in. Miami but that would not be the deal maker for me. You will be in and out and done. There are also many more cigar makers in Miami like Perdomo, La Gloria Cubana, Esteli, Pepin and on and on. But you can also have some great cigar experiences in the Orlando area.

Me? I am a South FL resident and biased to #2. After you sweat your butt off paying $100 for a park for a day, then $50 for a lunch and then dead tired after that, I prefer bikinis, Mojitos, cigars and South FL beaches.
[Reply]
pnoon 05:43 PM 05-14-2014
Originally Posted by Blueface:
For theme park fun, #1.
Yes, Padron has their main office in. Miami but that would not be the deal maker for me. You will be in and out and done. There are also many more cigar makers in Miami like Perdomo, La Gloria Cubana, Esteli, Pepin and on and on. But you can also have some great cigar experiences in the Orlando area.

Me? I am a South FL resident and biased to #2. After you sweat your butt off paying $100 for a park for a day, then $50 for a lunch and then dead tired after that, I prefer bikinis, Mojitos, cigars and South FL beaches.
Sure.
But you with a mojito and a cigar on a south FL beach wearing a bikini is not something anyone should see.

:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:09 PM 05-14-2014
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Sure.
But you with a mojito and a cigar on a south FL beach wearing a bikini is not something anyone should see.

:-)
I resemble that remark!!!
I am bikini shopping as we speak.:-)
[Reply]
big a 05:55 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by Blueface:
For theme park fun, #1.

Thanks for the input. It's really only the direct flight is the advantage for #1. Theme parks are not on the table and have no desire so it looks like you confirmed my thoughts with #2. Any areas with #2 I should look to stay at or avoid?
[Reply]
Blueface 06:32 AM 05-15-2014
There is just way so much to choose from between Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties.
If you seek beaches, with lots of life, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood or South Beach/Miami Beach.
All three offer lots to do with great scenery, with of course the daddy of them all for spectacle being South Beach.

While Miami Beach/South Beach is closest to all cigar factories, you can easily do them from Ft. Lauderdale or closer yet, Hollywood.

Something neat to do is to get a room at an updated Art Deco hotel like the Colony, right on Ocean Drive in Miami Beach. From there, you can walk all around the area. So much to do. Rates are often times very reasonable. Don't expect a big room, in fact, don't expect much room between the walls and your bed to walk around. Not for a large family or long stay but super fun, at least for me, as it reminds me of trips to. Miami Beach as a child, when those hotels were in their "first time around" prime.

You cross the street and the beach world is yours to take in at one of the most famous beaches in the world. Make sure if you wear glasses that the lenses are nice and clean. Won't want to miss anything.
[Reply]
Black Coral 06:18 PM 05-15-2014
let us know and maybe the orlando crew will come down for another herf

or orlando can put something together when you land before the trip down...
[Reply]
Up