Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
General Discussion>Underrated/Overrated
RevSmoke 10:02 AM 05-17-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
Underrated: Everything, depending on who you ask.
Overrated: Everything, depending on who you ask.
And there my friends is the most honest answer you will find in this thread. It all depends on who you are asking. I have my favorites and my despised, but they are all based upon my tastes and should be taken with that subjectivity in mind.

With that being said:

Underrated: El Ray del Mundo Robusto (and I like the fact that they are off the radar)

Overrated: Opus X (I have believed this from their introduction in 1996. Some wonderful flavors and others are severely lackluster, but given the price and hype, these should burn immaculately. I may have had one that burned well, but all the others have had MAJOR burn/run issues. AND YES, I have smoked numbers of these aged 3 years and some much longer)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:17 AM 05-17-2014
Originally Posted by shark:
Over rated: Yuengling beer (wayyyy over rated)
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

I do not know what it is about this stuff, but....

Got a local pastor from that area who was enamored with the stuff. Every time he goes that direction, or comes back from there, he has some and just yammers on, and on, and on, and on, and on, ad nauseam about how great the stuff is.

Personally, I think it is like Point Special was for me. I used to love it, still like to go back to it. I remember in college getting a case of 16oz bottles for $3.25. It was a great deal. We drank lots of it. But was it all that spectacular? I got some the other day, and it wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't wonderful. I think it is the nostalgia of it that makes it great.

I remember Leinenkugel being a good beer too, but it was their specialty brews that set them apart. People still rave about them as excellent. I contend that since being purchased by a larger brew house, their different blends have become noticeably watered down - they in no way taste as they used to. People call me nuts, but I think they are stuck in their memories not in their taste buds. Either that, or my taste buds have changed (which is not outside the realm of reasonable possibilities).

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up