Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva V Maduro
badbriar 11:42 PM 03-22-2014
Very short review on the Oliva V Maduro Double Robusto 5 x 54 for 2013.
In a word, EPIC! :-)
This is an absolutely awesome cigar. Not much more to say. Only one small drawback to this last limited release is that it appears to be the shortest vitola in the series yet. Left with wanting more - yeah, it's that damn good! Great construction, nice slightly snug draw, excellent burn and subtly evolving taste. First taste after torching was a rich, in your face, almost overpowering array of flavors. Thought this was a mega-powerhouse, as it began as ultra full bodied. After the first inch, settled in nicely to medium-full and never faded. Really tasty and smooth with spice, slightly sweet, mild cocoa notes throughout the entire smoke. Evolved to more spice, then black coffee, then nuttiness. Lots of taste shifts in this stick. Flavor was good right to the end. First one of these I've had and what an excellent cigar! Found another to add to my top 5 for sure. This stick was only in the humi for about a month - can't imagine what a nice sleep would be like. Will be purchasing another box to put away. Highly recommended if you like good maduros! IMHO, This is one cigar not to miss! :-)
RR
[Reply]
RobR1205 11:46 PM 03-22-2014
I think they have a petit corona of this cigar if I'm not mistaken, Rob. The oliva serie v no. 4. But I agree, very good cigar!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:36 AM 03-23-2014
These are consistently good; I always have to have a couple in the wineador.
[Reply]
G G 06:49 AM 03-23-2014
I love Oliva's. Don't think I have ever had but one that I didn't care for and that was the Connecticut.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:30 AM 03-23-2014
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
I think they have a petit corona of this cigar if I'm not mistaken, Rob. The oliva serie v no. 4. But I agree, very good cigar!
Not in the Series V Maduro Rob...only the regular Series V has the No. 4.
[Reply]
badbriar 08:53 AM 03-23-2014
Mac - just curious, where does this stand in the "
'Mac's top Maduro picks of all times'? :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:57 AM 03-23-2014
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Mac - just curious, where does this stand in the "
'Mac's top Maduro picks of all times'? :-)
Series V Maduro? Probably in my top 15 all time maduros. While I enjoyed the double robusto a lot...my favorite is the toros from 2011 & 2012.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:13 AM 03-23-2014
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Not in the Series V Maduro Rob...only the regular Series V has the No. 4.
You mean the Series V Melanio line.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:17 AM 03-23-2014
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
You mean the Series V Melanio line.
The Series V Melanio line does not have a No. 4, 5 X 43 corona...only a petite robusto. I was talking about the No. 4, Series V Bob.

These ones...
http://www.neptunecigar.com/pr/oliva...o_4_5__43.aspx
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:25 AM 03-23-2014
Huh, then what are these? :-)

Seems like Oliva needs to keep their website updated better. I looked for those you listed Mac and don't see them. Same for the box of Melanios I have.
Attached: image.jpg (71.6 KB) 
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:26 AM 03-23-2014
Huh, then what are these? :-)

Seems like Oliva needs to keep their website updated better. I looked for those you listed Mac and don't see them. Same for the box of Melanios I have.
These are the Melanio No. 4, petite robustos. Different blend all together. My link didn't work Bob? Worked for me. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:38 AM 03-23-2014
These are the Melanio No. 4, petite robustos. Different blend all together. My link didn't work Bob? Worked for me. :-)
Yea, the link worked, I was talking about Oliva's site. But I'm an idiot, the box I have is listed there. But did you mean petit corona, not petit Robusto? It's a 4.5x46.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:39 AM 03-23-2014
Yea, the link worked, I was talking about Oliva's site. But I'm an idiot, the box I have is listed there. But did you mean petit corona, not petit Robusto? It's a 4.5x46.
You're right...the Melanio No. 4 is a petite corona, not the petite robusto.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:15 AM 03-23-2014
Ok, that's what confused me. I knew the box I bought wasn't a petit Robusto. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
[Reply]
badbriar 08:31 AM 05-11-2014
Series V Maduro? Probably in my top 15 all time maduros. While I enjoyed the double robusto a lot...my favorite is the toros from 2011 & 2012.
Mac-
I can't imagine these getting any better! Definitely worth investigating such a tasty morsel. Found the '12 toros...gonna get some!
Thanks for the tip!
[Reply]
the MacDonald 11:08 AM 05-11-2014
Solid review! I wanted to review the V lancero but they're just so damn good I have nothing to say.
[Reply]
Up