Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Cervantes Masterpiece
Xolotal Mungin 12:40 PM 02-23-2014
This is quite a cigar. You can dig up all the extensive aging info - they're known for this - and use of en tubado on line if you like, I can't be bothered. Anyway, this is a beautifully constructed cigar, clean burn line, solid, slow smoke; the quality really shows.

[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 08:38 PM 02-23-2014
Ah, maybe I was little harsh. Anyway, there's not that much info available, but it's a line from ACC (fancy accessories etc) They grow their own tobacco on their own land, ferment the leaves and age the cigars a further 7+ years, I think. This is a boutique product without much hype and coming from different sources of stock (Cuban-seed) and knowledge base than the usual suspects. I suspect strong Cuban inspiration and very limited production/distribution.
[Reply]
Robulous78 09:01 PM 02-23-2014
I have had a Don Cervantes Triple Maduro from ACC, It was pretty good but not worth the $ IMHO...
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 10:20 PM 02-23-2014
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
I have had a Don Cervantes Triple Maduro from ACC, It was pretty good but not worth the $ IMHO...
You may have a point. They are expensive and from memory, I much preferred the El Presidente. It was pricey, too, but a good deal more complex.
[Reply]
Robulous78 10:50 PM 02-23-2014
I agree the burn was solid and the flavor on the tres maduro was very dark, burned forever but really a 1 note song...

given that they aren't the easiest brand to find and their cost, I can think of others I'd grab first.

They did come in a really nice box with built in humidifier, which is something I guess, but I don't often smoke boxes... :-)
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 11:33 PM 02-23-2014
Those others being?
[Reply]
Up