Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Nashville Shops
jhedrick83 04:22 PM 02-11-2014
On the 28th and 1st my wife has a training in Nashville, I was planning on going with her to just have a few days off. While she is in her training, I was planning on just spending all day at a B&M smoking and relaxing. I've heard of Stogies well as Smoke and Ale but have never been to either. Any recommendations guys?
[Reply]
MrClean 04:42 PM 02-11-2014
I'm interested in the same thing Jesse, my wife has a conference in April and I'm tagging along to do a little sightseeing and picture taking. And of course finding a place to enjoy a stick or 3. :-)
[Reply]
bighairlogo 05:10 PM 02-11-2014
uptown's smoke shop
http://www.uptowns.com/
[Reply]
Boz 08:55 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by bighairlogo:
uptown's smoke shop
http://www.uptowns.com/
Uptown's is a nice shop. Stogies in Cool Springs has a decent beer selection. They usually have a large selection of sticks but the last time I was in there it seemed a bit slim. Smoke and Ale isn't bad either and it's right around the corner from me. There's a new one in Cool Springs called Franklin Cigar (www.franklincigar.com) but I dont know anything about it.
[Reply]
jhedrick83 09:53 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Boz:
Uptown's is a nice shop. Stogies in Cool Springs has a decent beer selection. They usually have a large selection of sticks but the last time I was in there it seemed a bit slim. Smoke and Ale isn't bad either and it's right around the corner from me. There's a new one in Cool Springs called Franklin Cigar (www.franklincigar.com) but I dont know anything about it.
Does Uptown have a beer? Do they have a lounge I can chill in? I'll be there like 10-4:30 both days most likely. I'm wanting to find a place to just park and chill.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:34 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Boz:
Meh, new owner. The problem is he couldn't keep the deals with liga/illusione so there's almost no real boutique cigars. From what I remember most of the people here that like NC's buy Viaje, tatuaje, illusione, liga and such...you won't find any of that there. No Opus or high end fuentes, not that great of a padron selection. Really nothing I would want to smoke, even if I had to fish and buy SOMETHING, there's very minimal there. The dude doesn't seem to know his stuff, he seems like an older guy that just likes the hobby. It's a nice store, but unfortunately the inventory blows.

Haven't ever been to uptowns, but from what I hear they have the best selection. I always end up smoking at bars that allow it and bring my own, but I'd try there if anything. :-)
[Reply]
Boz 09:59 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Meh, new owner. The problem is he couldn't keep the deals with liga/illusione so there's almost no real boutique cigars. From what I remember most of the people here that like NC's buy Viaje, tatuaje, illusione, liga and such...you won't find any of that there. No Opus or high end fuentes, not that great of a padron selection. Really nothing I would want to smoke, even if I had to fish and buy SOMETHING, there's very minimal there. The dude doesn't seem to know his stuff, he seems like an older guy that just likes the hobby. It's a nice store, but unfortunately the inventory blows.

Haven't ever been to uptowns, but from what I hear they have the best selection. I always end up smoking at bars that allow it and bring my own, but I'd try there if anything. :-)
Howdy Bill, I assume you're talking about Smoke and Ale (who also used to own what is now Franklin Cigar)? Yeah he's never had Viaje, very little tat or illusion and no Opus. He does carry the Liga stuff and he almost always has Hemingway's. I rarely go there unless I'm looking for one of those.

I believe Uptowns is going to have the best selection, but I cant remember if they have beer or not. I've never stuck around to smoke in the lounge. Just stop in if I'm near and have time.
[Reply]
Bill86 12:28 PM 02-18-2014
Nah the new guy at Franklin cigar who couldn't keep the contracts the owner of smoke and ale had. The stock is even worse now than it ever was.
[Reply]
Boz 10:39 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Nah the new guy at Franklin cigar who couldn't keep the contracts the owner of smoke and ale had. The stock is even worse now than it ever was.
Ha that sucks. Oh well, guess I wont be visiting that one.
[Reply]
jhedrick83 08:49 AM 02-26-2014
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll be at uptowns Friday and Saturday probably 10-3 (I'll have to spend the evenings with the wife! If you are in the area feel free to stop in and say hi.
[Reply]
Up