Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>I hit my first goal now time for number too.
cjhalbrooks 09:23 PM 01-28-2014
When i joined this forum two years ago i never thought i would have ever hit a point in my smoking life where I could say this. I just hit a mile stone. I have finished my frist note book of my personal cigar reviews. I am stoked! I never thought that I could have ever tried so many cigars. I am a guy who like to stick with what he knows he like ( more like I am afraid of wasting money). I know for some of you guys tring over 200 different cigars is nothing. Too me I am stoked to start my next book and the goal is to finish it with this year.

I want to thank you guys who gifted me so many new cigars since I have joined. You have opened my eyes to so many cigars. This happened because of you. I have learned so much for you guys I hope one day to be on your level. :-)

Thank you for taking time out of your life to hear me rant about this.
[Reply]
DaBear 09:29 PM 01-28-2014
Always fun to hit those milestones. I hit my 4 year anniversary of my first cigar 9 days ago. I'm making it a tradition to smoke my first ever cigar(Hemingway) on that day every year.
[Reply]
PCR 09:30 PM 01-28-2014
Well done Cory. Congrats on meeting your goal!
[Reply]
equetefue 09:36 PM 01-28-2014
pretty awesome Cory. Is funny that you just finished your 1st notebook, as I just started my 1st notebook this past weekend.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 09:55 PM 01-28-2014
very nice Cory. lets see what 2014 brings you :-)
[Reply]
Heavy_d 10:08 PM 01-28-2014
Way to go Cory! :-) I'm still working on my notebook. Got a long way to go.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:31 AM 01-29-2014
Very cool! This place definitely broadened my horizons so I know what you mean.
[Reply]
stearns 06:21 AM 01-29-2014
very nice indeed! any highlights?
[Reply]
G G 06:55 AM 01-29-2014
Awesome Cory.
[Reply]
bruceolee 03:36 PM 01-29-2014
Very cool! It's funny but I have friends who are just starting to smoke cigars and I hear the same old stuff.

"I only need a small humidor. I can't imagine ever needing more than 50 cigars at a time"

"I think I'm only going to smoke 1 - 2 cigars a month"

"What is this cigarbid website all about?"

"Can you loan me $50 to cover me as I overdrew my checking account bidding too much on cigarbid"

"can I make a humidor out of a ziplock bag?"

Ennjoy the milestone my friend! Smoke a great cigar to celebrate and start a new notebook! :-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 05:47 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by stearns:
very nice indeed! any highlights?

My the cigars i remember the most;

Postitive-Monte #2 CC- Pushed me down the CC hill
-Tatjuae Monsters- I really never gave a tatjuae a chance and know i have tried almost everything in their line
-A&B Rare- I really enjoyed this cigar and for the price i paid i really was not disappointed
-COA-Brizila, America, and Itailain- These became my fall back cigars when i cannot make up my mind
-Oliva O and G- I tired these when i frist started smoking (advice from my father) i didnt enjoy them the frist time but i have retried them and i have a nice selection of them.

Negitive-COA Concert Series- I thought these would have been better than they where.
-NUB- I have not enjoyed any of the line.

These are just some cigars of the top of my head.

Thanks for the kind words.
[Reply]
benchjockey 08:38 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks:
My the cigars i remember the most;

Postitive-Monte #2 CC- Pushed me down the CC hill
-Tatjuae Monsters- I really never gave a tatjuae a chance and know i have tried almost everything in their line
-A&B Rare- I really enjoyed this cigar and for the price i paid i really was not disappointed
-COA-Brizila, America, and Itailain- These became my fall back cigars when i cannot make up my mind
-Oliva O and G- I tired these when i frist started smoking (advice from my father) i didnt enjoy them the frist time but i have retried them and i have a nice selection of them.

Negitive-COA Concert Series- I thought these would have been better than they where.
-NUB- I have not enjoyed any of the line.

These are just some cigars of the top of my head.

Thanks for the kind words.
I find posts like this one interesting and helpful.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:53 AM 01-30-2014
Congrats on the milestone. I do not have the patience to write that many reviews.

Just wait till Peter sees that thread title though. :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:56 AM 01-30-2014
That's awesome, Cory!! This place did the same for me - showing me so much more that I would have ever seen on my own. Best of luck for 2014.

I anxiously await Peter's post, two...:-)
[Reply]
czerbe 09:50 AM 01-30-2014
Nice job Cory I'm curious what format are you using? This is something I have thought about doing for a while now. I am using a simple spreadsheet just to document what I am smoking.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 12:43 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by czerbe:
Nice job Cory I'm curious what format are you using? This is something I have thought about doing for a while now. I am using a simple spreadsheet just to document what I am smoking.
I have a spiral note book that I use (old and new). I use stick glue to secure the label on the paper and I rate the cigars on a 1-10 scale.

So I used the wrong word for two. Like there hasn't been worse things done in the world.
[Reply]
Big Perm 09:20 PM 01-31-2014
Congrats, very cool news....never even thought of that, might just follow your lead.....
[Reply]
AUguy 11:26 PM 01-31-2014
Congrats! I have thought about doing a notebook but never got around to it. Your post pushed me over the edge. What kind of notebook did you use?
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 06:48 AM 02-01-2014
I use a spiral note book. One that you can fit in a back pocket. But use what ever you want. Your a big boy. :-)
[Reply]
AUguy 04:18 PM 02-01-2014
Picked up a Moleskine notebook today. Working on my first entry now!
[Reply]
Up