Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>AJ Fernandez Overrun Robusto
Big Perm 08:38 PM 01-18-2014
First review, gotta start somewhere. This cigar was $1.25 off of CI, low expectations, sat in the humi for a week.

Picture of tools below, a little 12 year Chivas, cutter, lighter, and glass of water.

57 degrees, back porch, a little chilly, but a space heater for the legs.

Decided to go with some Cross Canadian for tunes to relax, kiddos are tucked away in bed.

Pre-light - nothing special, smooth tobacco smell, typically prefer a strong maduro, so this is at the other end of the spectrum.

1st third - smooth, a little weak

2nd third - still nothing complex, strictly one note, and it's soft

Last third - a little harsh finish, same one note

Overall, it's worth what I paid. Impressively, the construction was solid, it smoked evenly and easily held an inch ash, well rolled for this price. It's better than a pirates gold or other cheap cigar, but that's about it. Would recommend when enjoying as secondary distraction - on the golf course, while working in the shop, or turning wrenches in the garage.
Attached: cigar3.jpg (19.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Flynnster 08:45 PM 01-18-2014
Nice review, seems like what you would want out of a decent $1 stick.

One thing I took issue with. 57 degrees is chilly?!?!?!?! We had a windchill of NEGATIVE 57 here a week back.

space heater.....
[Reply]
Big Perm 09:02 PM 01-18-2014
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
One thing I took issue with. 57 degrees is chilly?!?!?!?! We had a windchill of NEGATIVE 57 here a week back.

space heater.....
Summer is my time of year, prefer 90 degrees over 60 degrees....grew up in south Texas, so par for the course....also, I was a little lazy and basically wore a t-shirt, so yep, it was a little chilly for my liking :-)
[Reply]
Dude Here 09:04 PM 01-18-2014
Originally Posted by Big Perm:
First review, gotta start somewhere. This cigar was $1.25 off of CI, low expectations, sat in the humi for a week.

Picture of tools below, a little 12 year Chivas, cutter, lighter, and glass of water.

57 degrees, back porch, a little chilly, but a space heater for the legs.

Decided to go with some Cross Canadian for tunes to relax, kiddos are tucked away in bed.

Pre-light - nothing special, smooth tobacco smell, typically prefer a strong maduro, so this is at the other end of the spectrum.

1st third - smooth, a little weak

2nd third - still nothing complex, strictly one note, and it's soft

Last third - a little harsh finish, same one note

Overall, it's worth what I paid. Impressively, the construction was solid, it smoked evenly and easily held an inch ash, well rolled for this price. It's better than a pirates gold or other cheap cigar, but that's about it. Would recommend when enjoying as secondary distraction - on the golf course, while working in the shop, or turning wrenches in the garage.
Doesn't sound too shabby for a $1.25 knock around smoke. Nice review and good pairing.
[Reply]
Up