Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>DPG Blue Question
Smokin Gator 07:31 AM 12-17-2008
I just got a cab of 50 DPG Exquisitos (corona gorda). I thought these were made in the Miami factory, but the box has a Nicaraguan seal on it. Can anyone tell me when this change was made... or if I was just wrong to start with.
[Reply]
Raralith 08:11 AM 12-17-2008
I'm fairly certain that only Tat's are made in Maima for DPG. He said that's also the reason why he has to charge so much for that brand compared to his cheaper labor Nicaraguan lines.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:22 AM 12-17-2008
Originally Posted by Raralith:
I'm fairly certain that only Tat's are made in Maima for DPG. He said that's also the reason why he has to charge so much for that brand compared to his cheaper labor Nicaraguan lines.
Hirsh y Garcia and other boutique brands are also made in Miami. Also, the El Rey de los Habanos.

FWIW, I got a cab of Blue Label Preferidos back in June and they were made in Nicaruagua.
[Reply]
Raralith 09:11 AM 12-17-2008
I think we were talking about Don Peppin Garcia, and the differences between the Miama and Nicaragua factories. I'm fairly certain that I heard him say that Nicaragua cigars are cheaper because of the cheaper labor costs.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:17 AM 12-17-2008
The ones I was talking about are Pepins. The Blue Labels keep going up even though they are made in Nicauragua.
[Reply]
AD720 09:56 AM 12-17-2008
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Hirsh y Garcia and other boutique brands are also made in Miami. Also, the El Rey de los Habanos.

FWIW, I got a cab of Blue Label Preferidos back in June and they were made in Nicaruagua.
And the 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle, I believe.
[Reply]
neoflex 11:31 AM 12-17-2008
The Blue Labels keep going up even though they are made in Nicauragua.
Probably because they seem to be everyone's favorite line.
[Reply]
barbourjay 05:00 PM 12-17-2008
The ones I was talking about are Pepins. The Blue Labels keep going up even though they are made in Nicauragua.
someone has to pay for those fancy new bands.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 05:48 PM 12-17-2008
I thought blues were made in Miami and blacks and whites in Nicaragua. When did the change occur?
[Reply]
godzilla 09:14 PM 12-17-2008
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
I thought blues were made in Miami and blacks and whites in Nicaragua. When did the change occur?
I thought the JJ and JJ Maduro were made in miami, and the CC and blue label were made nicaragua.
[Reply]
duckmanco 09:36 PM 12-17-2008
These are even better when Joecigar offers them up for next to nothing. Thats pretty much the only way I could build up my quantity of the Generosos.
[Reply]
Pat1075 11:29 PM 12-17-2008
I think the JJ natural is miami and the JJ maduro is nicaragua. But the blues I thought were still miami. Thie last few boxes at the shop were at least.
[Reply]
rizzle 07:17 AM 12-18-2008
I think I'm confused.
:-)
[Reply]
Up