Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper Color: Maduro
Wrapper Origin: Connecticut
Wrapper Leaf Type: Broadleaf

Resting time: 5 months
Storage 67 degrees 67 humidity

Prelight: Subtle sweet smell with a hint of grass and apple

1st 1/3
Dark chocolate, black coffee, molasses, leather, cacao powder, spices and a nice creamy texture
Great draw and straight burn line and smoking medium in strength.

2nd 1/3
It now finishes with a bit of pepper and earth on the finish, continuing with the dark chocolate and coffee and staying very smooth.

Final 1/3
The leather and earth increase and the burn is staying very straight, never really was a full strength cigar to me
There's a lot of hype about this cigar and consumers have high anticipation and willingness to get one to try.

The cigar is constructed very well but there are so many better cigars out there for so much less out of you pocket.

Not to say that the cigar isn’t good, it’s just way over price along with the value, flavor ratio.

Cigars that beat this for me are the Kristoff Ligero Maduro Robusto, Casa Magna Colorado Gran Toro, Ashton VSG Enchantment, Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso, Aquitaine EMH, Room 101 Daruma Sucio, Room 101 Master Collection One…
I could go on……

Smoke time: 1hr 35min
Score: 7.9 out of 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:39 PM 01-07-2014
Thanks for the review Dan. Only a 7.9? WOW!!! These are very tasty to me. They have a hint of sweetness that I dig. :-)
[Reply]
Outlaw God 04:51 PM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Thanks for the review Dan. Only a 7.9? WOW!!! These are very tasty to me. They have a hint of sweetness that I dig. :-)
Give a try of the Kristoff Ligero Maduro Robusto,
Casa Magna Colorado Gran Toro,
Ashton VSG Enchantment,
Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso,
Aquitaine EMH,
Room 101 Daruma Sucio,
Room 101 Master Collection One
and you may be surprised but I'm sure you have :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:10 PM 01-07-2014
Count me in the "I don't get the love for LP #9" camp. I get more complexity and flavor out of a $3 Genesis the Project than I do from any #9 I've had. I love, love, love the Liga Privada T52, but IMNSHO the #9 is waaaaaaaay overpriced for what you get.

But, as always, smoke what you like, like what you smoke, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
[Reply]
Sadden 05:48 PM 01-07-2014
Ive got 5ers of these and T52s coming. Gonna see if the LP stuff is worth all the price and hype.
[Reply]
MrClean 06:12 PM 01-07-2014
I enjoy the #9 a lot, but the T52 is probably a top 3 for me. I don't smoke a lot of either, but I buy the T52 whenever I see them at my B&M. For me, they are that good, even at $15 a stick.
[Reply]
equetefue 06:42 PM 01-07-2014
Personally to me the T52 is better ROTT and the No 9 well rested
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:47 PM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Count me in the "I don't get the love for LP #9" camp. I get more complexity and flavor out of a $3 Genesis the Project than I do from any #9 I've had. I love, love, love the Liga Privada T52, but IMNSHO the #9 is waaaaaaaay overpriced for what you get.

But, as always, smoke what you like, like what you smoke, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
My sentiments exactly. Much prefer the T52. But hey, different smokes for different folks! That's what makes it fun.
[Reply]
MrClean 08:10 PM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by equetefue:
Personally to me the T52 is better ROTT and the No 9 well rested
Now that you mention it Edwin, I do remember enjoying the #9 I had in my humi for about a year, a lot more than a fresh one. Good call. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 09:25 PM 01-07-2014
Love me a #9. Great review, smoke what ya like :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:28 AM 01-08-2014
Originally Posted by MrClean:
Now that you mention it Edwin, I do remember enjoying the #9 I had in my humi for about a year, a lot more than a fresh one. Good call. :-)
I might just pick one up and let it nap for a year to give it another try. The longest I'd let one sit previously was about four months.
[Reply]
timj219 09:12 PM 01-08-2014
I love the #9 and would rate it higher but I can agree Kristoff makes one just as good for less. But IMO it's the GC Signsture.
[Reply]
Big Perm 11:23 AM 01-12-2014
Dan, nice write-up, thanks for the review...

A buddy of mine turned me onto these and he flat out loves them.....for a $12 smoke (purchased at a couple of different shops, immediate smoke), definitely a tasty smoke, but they would be better at $6 a piece :-)
[Reply]
thecatch83 09:14 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Agreed...this is one of my top ten smokes and I definitely prefer it over the 52habano. Full flavor medium strength!
[Reply]
Up