Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Liga Privada Super Belicosos?
Don Fernando 10:27 PM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by maninblack:
He's the boss and didn't know about these? Heck of a company he's running.
He's the owner, but he has a whole staff of people working for him. With the extensive traveling JD does, he can't be in the loop of every test blend ever made.
[Reply]
T.G 10:38 PM 12-27-2013
I wouldn't expect the CEO of a mid sized multi-national corporation to know the specifics about every project especially when he wasn't informed about it.
[Reply]
Jonathan Drew 10:44 AM 12-28-2013
Guys.

I'm sorry to not have had the information that I would have been expect to know in regard to the T52 FFP box that was posted recently. Due to the holidays I have not been able to obtain all the info as to how many were made and blend info. I can say that it is not a finished product or finished blend and not slated for any imminent release.

Again, sorry for not having the info.

In regard to being a CEO - I am not that guy. I gave up my CEO status at Drew Estate in 2005 when we brought on my friend, Steve Saka to run Drew Estate. For the last good while it's been Michael Cellucci, who has been with DE for 13 years.
I still should have known about the FFP tear blends in any event.

At DE we are a true team, with a lot of leeway for experimentation and a low micro management theory. We want our guys to be experimental and enjoy themselves. To this end, at both the seņor management and production floor supervisors and regular buncheros and rolleros, we make many cigars that never become a marketed product or that get made over and over for years before we actually reach consensus on it for it to go to market. Sometimes raw material limitations get in the way as well.

Best Holiday wishes to each of you.
JD
[Reply]
T.G 11:01 AM 12-28-2013
'sup Jon?
[Reply]
equetefue 12:08 PM 12-28-2013
Thanks for taking the time JD.

Another DE stick to hunt down. Just when I thought I was getting closer to tasting them all, now I have to add this to my bucket list

Velvet rat
Bashert pig
No 9 tubo
T52 super belicoso
[Reply]
cmitch 02:13 PM 12-28-2013
Originally Posted by Jonathan Drew:
Guys.

I'm sorry to not have had the information that I would have been expect to know in regard to the T52 FFP box that was posted recently. Due to the holidays I have not been able to obtain all the info as to how many were made and blend info. I can say that it is not a finished product or finished blend and not slated for any imminent release.

Again, sorry for not having the info.

In regard to being a CEO - I am not that guy. I gave up my CEO status at Drew Estate in 2005 when we brought on my friend, Steve Saka to run Drew Estate. For the last good while it's been Michael Cellucci, who has been with DE for 13 years.
I still should have known about the FFP tear blends in any event.

At DE we are a true team, with a lot of leeway for experimentation and a low micro management theory. We want our guys to be experimental and enjoy themselves. To this end, at both the seņor management and production floor supervisors and regular buncheros and rolleros, we make many cigars that never become a marketed product or that get made over and over for years before we actually reach consensus on it for it to go to market. Sometimes raw material limitations get in the way as well.

Best Holiday wishes to each of you.
JD
Thanks for the clarification. Maybe one day we'll be fortunate enough to enjoy a T52 Feral Pig.
[Reply]
MUNKY 03:24 PM 12-28-2013
They should call it the Javalina!
[Reply]
maninblack 03:50 PM 12-28-2013
Or Hogzilla!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up