Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor Reserva Beso
borndead1 10:01 PM 11-25-2013
Grabbed a few singles to try. These are 5.5" X 48. I love this size range in a cigar. Nice appearance, slight box-press and a great looking dark wrapper.

First few draws...nice spice blast. Like horseradish in the nostrils. I can already tell this cigar is gonna kick my @ss flavor-wise.

About 1" in...still a spice bomb. Toasty/woodsy on the draw, nice liqour like flavor on the finish. Perfect burn and draw.

About 2" in...spice has actually subsided a bit, allowing more depth of flavor to come through. This is still a "strong" cigar. Faint taste of cinnamon through the nose.

About halfway...not much change. Nice smoke. Definitely to be enjoyed after a meal or with a sweet drink.

Toward the end...spice has returned a bit. This cigar ain't no joke. Let 'er die around 1.5".

Final thoughts....I enjoyed this cigar, but not enough to justify the price tag. I'd like to try another one with a few months rest in the humi though.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 08:08 PM 11-26-2013
Nice review, I somewhat like these cigars, but I really have to be in the mood for spice. The price tag keeps me from putting a lot of them in my humidor too.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 08:17 PM 11-26-2013
I really like this cigar. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of spice in my cigars, but this is one of the few that I enjoy.
[Reply]
hazydat620 10:25 PM 11-26-2013
I've had both the Reserva and the regular, and I prefer the regular, not as much spice and I enjoy the flavor profile better. Nice review:-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:35 AM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by hazydat620:
I've had both the Reserva and the regular, and I prefer the regular, not as much spice and I enjoy the flavor profile better. Nice review:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Smoqman 06:42 AM 12-03-2013
I too prefer the regular. I had both at my B&M in the last month, and the regular had a better, smoother and more "wanting" finish. Overall, I'd smoke either, any time.

Nice review!
[Reply]
Dude Here 01:27 PM 12-03-2013
Nice review. I've got one of these in the cooler now. After your description of the spice it'll probably wait until I'm in the right mood.
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 08:38 PM 12-12-2013
I've had both and really enjoyed the Reserva. Of course, I drink dark aged, rums and it fits well in that context.

I have another waiting in the box too.

[Reply]
Up