Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>2013 Big Smoke Las Vegas Review
Bubbleheaddiver 10:00 AM 11-14-2014
i may light up a fuente now
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 11:01 AM 11-14-2014
Hey Greg, I wish I had known you were going, you could have hooked up with me and my friends. Maybe next time.

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:35 AM 11-14-2014
Thats one beautiful looking redhead you're standing next to Howard:-)
[Reply]
pattersong 01:26 PM 11-14-2014
Nice Photos Howard! Maybe I'll see you next year!

A few additional photos from my evening that I wasn't able to post in my original review..

A photo Op with Carlito Fuente

The Ticket Booklet

A photo with the Event Hosts :-)

Mojito and Joya at Rhumbar
[Reply]
crazycoach21 04:23 PM 04-21-2015
Hi Greg,

New poster here and looking to attend the 2015 Big Smoke event.

Quick question for you or anyone else who has attended.

Outside of receiving some very wonderful looking samples, are you able to purchase additional cigars/accessories if you want?

Thanks
[Reply]
pattersong 10:22 AM 04-22-2015
There was definitely merchandise available for purchase. Several of the booths were just handing it out. I walked away with some nice torches and hats for free. The Fuente booth had some cool stuff for sale..hats, pictures etc. Cigar Aficionado booth had T shirts for $20 when you took a photo with the cabaret ladies.

Some booths had cigar boxes on display...I didn't notice anyone purchasing cigars. I was so focused on which line to join and what tickets to have in hand that I didn't have time to slow down and browse. That's a little unfortunate, but I was alone. I had to focus in order to collect my cigars before the night ended...lol

Enjoying Big Smoke is more than just the event itself. The entire Vegas strip is crawling with cigar events and cigar culture for the week. Some of my highlights were bumping into David Savona and Gordon Mott enjoying cigars around the pool at the Mirage, Cigar Vixen, Carlos Fuente Jr at Rhumbar and meeting him again at Casa Fuente one night. You will likely have the opportunity to meet some really cool industry people.

Enjoy!!....and yes. Line up early.
[Reply]
crazycoach21 10:18 AM 04-23-2015
Thanks for all the useful info. I've never been, so I'm looking forward to it.

There is a group of us going, so your hints on getting into lines will help a lot.

Maybe we'll see you there.
[Reply]
the nub 11:13 AM 04-23-2015
I've been several times, albeit back in the early 2000's. IMO if you want to get your money's worth, i.e. drinks and food, go to the buffet FIRST. Tables and chairs were usually in short supply so if you were out running around for cigars and decided to take a break you'd be standing with a bag of goodies, a plate in one hand and a drink in another and nowhere to sit.

There will be enough cigars to fill your ticket book so there is no need to rush to get them and no sense at all waiting 10 minutes in line at a booth. If you like waiting in line, then get to the event before the doors open. If not, get there at the opening time and you'll get in just as fast as everyone else.
[Reply]
pattersong 11:55 AM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by the nub:
I've been several times, albeit back in the early 2000's. IMO if you want to get your money's worth, i.e. drinks and food, go to the buffet FIRST. Tables and chairs were usually in short supply so if you were out running around for cigars and decided to take a break you'd be standing with a bag of goodies, a plate in one hand and a drink in another and nowhere to sit.

There will be enough cigars to fill your ticket book so there is no need to rush to get them and no sense at all waiting 10 minutes in line at a booth. If you like waiting in line, then get to the event before the doors open. If not, get there at the opening time and you'll get in just as fast as everyone else.
Yes, I was the guy standing at a cocktail table with my hands filled with swag, a plate, cigar, and rum.

I'll offer a subtle mod to your plan....People run..yes run, over to the Rocky Patel booth. If you're not in that line first, don't bother...it's HUGE within 10 minutes. Last year, it overflowed into an adjacent hall. I was about 10th in line at RP booth, and it still seemed to move a little slow. Everyone wants a photo with RP.
[Reply]
pattersong 12:03 PM 04-23-2015
Another tip, I would suggest this whether you're with a group or not...

Have a look at the booth layout before you get there. In a few places, they had 5 or more booths one after another with a single line entry point. It became a long wait in those places. I would definitely hit those up first. The rest of the booths didn't have too bad of a wait. I remember finishing everything....and then went back for second cigars with a few ticket books that were abandoned, had some food, booze with about 30 minutes to spare at the end.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 01:24 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by the nub:

I've never been to big smoke, but always wanted to visit one of these large events and enjoy reading past reviews.

You sound like me, I wouldn't want to wait in any entry line for 1-2hrs just to be the first one in. I'd prefer to casually show up 10 mins late and walk right in.

With tickets, you're almost guaranteed to get your ticket's worth of sticks - so no rush, enjoy the food and hit up booths that have short wait times while walking around smoking.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up